• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Discussion Current day, P+ vs. P+ on AP

DQ

I know this has been discussed before but it's been awhile so I thought I would see what the deal is.

Anyone else notice the distinct difference in file size between P+ and P+ on AP?

I was pulling a show that in 1080 was about 5GB an episode with P+ on AP. When I pulled the same series on P+ (later episodes) they are about 1.5GB for 1080.

Just curious if P+ has much tighter compression or is P+ on AP is superior.

I consider Amz superior for everything, and since P+ does not even have 5.1, I would say that video is also not the best. However, when watching Star Trek Prodigy back when it was still EN only, it looked great and I could not tell a difference. I have an ordinary 1080p monitor though, so you might think different when using a 4k TV and sitting close to it.
Also, I haven't really watched something since.

Reactions: DQ
I first downloaded from P+ directly in december and when it was included in AP I also tried, and the videos were better through AP for me, the bitrate was much better.

So I switched from P+ to P+ on AP. Sound is clearly superior but the stark contrast in file size I saw was not due to the provider difference just the difference's between seasons and or how later seasons were handled as compared to earlier ones.

With that said I do agree with you guys that AP is superior. Plus it is handy to have it all in 1 place. And of course I can snag .265 versions as well saving some space.

Quality seems better on AZ. You can check with Avatar (The cartoon) P+ quality is worse on P+ compared to P+ on AP.

EDIT: If you test with it there are two versions on AZ one version is regraded to 1080 (P+) and the other is only DVD video size.

Last edited:
p+ standalone in 1080 has episodes capped at 4500kbps. tried with a few shows. at first i was impressed with p+, file sizes were consistent and quality was good but then i witnessed evil s01e02 around 45th minute, when guy enters the club, and whoa... possibly the worst case of total pixel fallout ive ever seen (with thousands of episodes downloaded). truth be told, even bluray linux distro scene rips were horrible in that particular scene, only turbo high bitrate rips (5gb per episode) were barely able to pull it off. in other words, no wonder p+ on ap is better.

Reactions: DQ
Thanks for this topic.
I was just about to ask if switching from P+ to AMZ Channel is worth it...
Hi guys,

Is it not still possible to signup for Paramount+ as a channel & still log into the standalone website via below link?

Paramount Plus login with Amazon ID

I *think* you only have to login one time with your Amazon account at Paramount+ direct website & then you'll be able to access Paramount Prime as a channel on Amazon & via the direct website.

I might move to P+ as a channel if I see it bundled like Amazon is currently offering for HBOMax/Cinemax - depends on if/what they bundle it with.

(Same thing I'm doing for HBOMax commercial free [Bundled right now with Cinemax] via Channel on Amazon & you can also logon to HBOMax direct website)

Mike

If you sign up on Amazon you can link to the default site, but if you sign up to the default site you cannot sign into Amazon. This is what I was led to believe. I copied and pasted the below from a default website Q&A

I'm an existing Paramount+ subscriber. Can I use my subscription to watch Prime Video?

No, you will not be able to verify on Prime Video if you originally subscribed using paramountplus.com or another app store other than Prime Video, such as Google Play, App Store, Fire TV, or Roku. However, if you originally subscribed to the Paramount+ Channel on Prime Video, you can stream on Prime Video, paramountplus.com or the Paramount+ app! Just verify your Prime Video credentials at paramountplus.com/amazon to be able to stream on paramountplus.com and any Paramount+ supported devices .

If you sign up on Amazon you can link to the default site, but if you sign up to the default site you cannot sign into Amazon. This is what I was led to believe. I copied and pasted the below from a default website Q&A

I'm an existing Paramount+ subscriber. Can I use my subscription to watch Prime Video?

No, you will not be able to verify on Prime Video if you originally subscribed using paramountplus.com or another app store other than Prime Video, such as Google Play, App Store, Fire TV, or Roku. However, if you originally subscribed to the Paramount+ Channel on Prime Video, you can stream on Prime Video, paramountplus.com or the Paramount+ app! Just verify your Prime Video credentials at paramountplus.com/amazon to be able to stream on paramountplus.com and any Paramount+ supported devices .
Redfox1,

Yeah,

I think it only goes Amazon Paramount+ Channel get's Paramount+ Channel standalone also but not Vice Versa.

Same way it works for HBO Max if you sign up for HBOMax as a Channel on Amazon, you can logon direct website, but not Vice Versa (direct to Amazon).

Mike

Last edited:
Thanks for touching on this point Mike, it really gets mixed up for the members a lot of times and this thread will explain it.

Back