• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

CSS Warning - Unable to Crack all Keys (An Ongoing Issue)

OK...so, I'm having a problem seeing your logic..

Wikipedia

upload_2017-9-23_18-21-51.png

You

Region 0 is not the same as region free
drive region: 0 ≠ drive region: free

--

What I'm suggesting here is maybe the wiki should have some edits to better explain the subtleties between region 0 and free that you are intimating.

Last edited:
That sais exactly what i'm saying. That image sais it all "Region 0 is NOT an official setting, discs that bear region 0 have either no flag set (hence anydvd showing: Region 0 [unset])", even the world map on that page shows so. Region 0 does not exist. It's commonly REFERRED to as region free, but that doesn't mean it actually is. In the left column you'll see the FREE "flag" too.

Take the logfile info from the OP for example. It shows

HL-DT-ST BD-REBH16NS55 1.02 N001901SIK97H3S8221
Drive (Hardware) Region: 4 (no bruteforcing needed IF the dvd matches the drives region, otherwise bruteforcing may be required)

If that drive had an unset region it would show

Drive (Hardware) Region: 0 (Not set) <== anydvd needs to bruteforce css cracking

If that drive was actually region free (and believe me those types of drives DO exist, they're just rare to see) it would show

Drive (Hardware) Region: Free (NO bruteforcing needed as the drive is actually region free)

I understand all of that.

But the wiki is not precise enough. While it says that region 0 is REFERRED to as FREE, it makes no mention that the two actually have differences, in fact quite the opposite - the fact that FREE and 0 are listed TOGETHER in the left hand column certainly gives the average person the IMPRESSION that they are, for all intents and purposes, the SAME, since they share the same DESCRIPTION column.

Anyways, the reality you are proffering is that there are two variables, not one.

A RegionFree variable, TRUE/FALSE
A RegionNumber variable, INTEGER

And while the wiki would seem to imply that RegionFree=TRUE+RegionNumber=ANY is effectively the same as RegionFree=FALSE+RegionNumber=0, the practical reality is that they are not. Maybe someone should make note of what the differences are, as it seems that one HUGE difference is in the way CSS is affected.

Back