• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

CSS protected.

lfp2

This should have been answered somewhere but I didn't find it. Apparently ANYDVD can not read CSS protected disks. I downloaded the latest ANY DVD and it said the disk was CSS protected and could not read. What gives? It took a long time before it stopped and gave the info on CSS.

css

This should have been answered somewhere but I didn't find it. Apparently ANYDVD can not read CSS protected disks. I downloaded the latest ANY DVD and it said the disk was CSS protected and could not read. What gives? It took a long time before it stopped and gave the info on CSS.

AnyDVD removes CSS. It always has. You are going to need to provide more information like a specific error message and post log files. There are some DVD (Matsushita & Panasonic OEM) drives that have issues with CSS and region mismatches but that's a hardware issue and nothing can be done about that.

Refer to Section II Item 6A on how to post log files: http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=14199

Last edited:
Lfp2, it sounds like you need to tick the "aggressive i/o" checkbox in AnyDVD settings.

Please post a logfile. Thank you.

it said the disk was CSS protected
AnyDVD reports on what it finds - it found CSS protection (and maybe some other stuff too).

The important thing to remember is that it removes the copy protection(s) it finds ;)

Maybe you expect something else

css

Is it possible you are expecting AnyDVD to open a copy interface?
We just report what we find on that status panel, nothing else.

And: A "long time" may mean that Windows needs more time and/or your drive is having difficulties reading that particular DVD.

Now, run your burning program and if it is tolerant and runs with AnyDVD in the background then all will be well. Depending on what you are using you may have to use "rip video...." first.

Back