• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

CSS Authentification failed

Yes.

Summary for drive D: (AnyDVD 6.4.2.2)

Is there a reason you refuse to update Anydvd? Old versions = can't handle newer protections

Follow these steps in the order that they are listed:

1. Update Anydvd: click http://sandbox.slysoft.com/beta/SetupAnyDVD6434.exe

LITE-ON DVDRW LH-20A1S 9L03 2007/02/13 21:09

9L03 if your firmware. The latest is 9L09. That could be your problem.

2. Update your burner's firmware:
http://www.liteonit.com/DOWNLOADS/ODD/LH-20A1S/firmware/9L09.zip

Drive (Hardware) Region: 0 (not set!)

Anydvd can't decrypt CSS properly with some discs/drive unless the drive's region code is set.

i. Right click the fox on your toolbar. Exit Anydvd
ii. Click start. Right click on "My computer"--->select "properties".
iii.Click on the 'Hardware' tab--->click the 'device manager' button.
iv. Open the dvd/cdrom branch---> right click on your optical drive
v. Click "properties".
vi. You should have a region tab. From there you can select a region.
vii. Select the region that you're in
viii. Start Anydvd

Operating System: Windows XP (32-bit) Service Pack 2

4. Service Pack 3 is out you know. That's up to you if you want to update.

DRVMCDB (System32\Drivers\DRVMCDB.SYS), Version: 3.30.4.0 (1.0.0.1)
Company: Sonic Solutions
Copyright: Copyright © Sonic Solutions
Description: Device Driver
FileVersion: 3.30.04a

DLACDBHM (System32\Drivers\DLACDBHM.SYS), Version: 5.20.1.0 (1.0.0.1)
Company: Sonic Solutions
Copyright: Copyright © 2004 Sonic Solutions
Description: Shared Driver Component
FileVersion: 5.20.01a

You have Sonic's Drive Letter Access packet writing software on your system, which may cause conflicts with Anydvd and other programs. If you need to drag and drop files to burn (as you would to a floppy disc), then use dvd-ram instead (and I suggest using a FAT file system with dvd-ram), which is more stable.

5. i) Create a backup of your registry
ii) Download imgburn. It's a free program: http://www.imgburn.com/index.php?act=download
(it's also an excellent program imo)
iii) Go to Tools > Filter Driver Load Order. Select "DRVMCDB". Click "Remove Selected Filter". Select "DLACDBHM". Click "Remove Selected Filter". Click "ok".
iv) Reboot

Keep in mind the programs that installed those filters will no longer work properly.

Last edited:
Webslinger,

1) I am worried about updating AnyD due to the fact that the last update caused me a great deal of problems, resulting in a system restore. Noting that someone else, with the same problems with Shrink and Nero, tried a system restore and was not able to remove the updated AnyD, I would rather wait until I have this writer problem taken care of.

2) I just went and set the reg code. thank you for the exact instruction. however, this did not seem to help. Once I applied Nero back to shrink, I pulled the same error message.

3) I am going to go and update the firmware, thank you for the site and for all of you help tonight.

Noting that someone else, with the same problems with Shrink and Nero, tried a system restore and was not able to remove the updated AnyD, I would rather wait until I have this writer problem taken care of.

I don't feel that's related. Your problem was resolved by disabling burning in Nero. That person's wasn't. I would update.

Actually, I would remove those filters I mentioned first--and then update.

Anyway, I need to get going for now. I'll check this thread again tomorrow.

Last edited:
Webslinger,

I updated the FW like you suggested and will be attempting to update AnyD after removing the filters as insturcted. A couple of glitches happened along the way however with Nero. Although Shrink did work the second I clicked Nero off per your instructions, Nero would not allow me to drag the file created , in fact, nero would not allow any of my files to be used. I thought perhaps that this was due to an error on my part, but, nero is throwing errors for others that I know, as of last night. Which leads me to a few questions, if you are fine answering them, I would be thankful.

It is obviously clear that the Shrink/ nero combo is not the best way to go. I will take your suggestion and use imgburn and I believe that this would be in place of Nero? I am wondering however if there are any other programs out there that you would advise using in place of Shrink. I already have the DVD decrpt that was linked.

2) Although I just replaced my ROM, would you suggest getting a different kind noting that mine is a SATA liteOn and there appears to be problems with this? I was thinking of going to Dell to buy one. Would this then revoke the problem that I was having last night with the Shrink/nero combo in your opinion? Of course I realize that this is all trail and error, so no need to be correct, I would just like your opinion.

3) I am assuming after some reading that clone would revoke the need for the Shrink/Nero combo, or any other burning device, from what I gathered Clone does everything in a few short steps. Do you feel that Clone would work well with the LiteOn? I could not find any conflicting post when I searched. Or would you still replace the LiteOn?

I am off for the weekend, but any info that you could provide me would be of help. Thank you again for all of your support/help last night, you are a excellent teacher. Although I am still a newbie at this, I feel much more prepared to take on the trail and error and am finding it rather exciting instead of seeing it is a problem that I am not prepared to deal with.:bowdown:

And as a side note, as stated last night, I replaced the DVD Rom, that was burning out, with the LiteOn writer. However, the DVD burner that came with the Dell is still in use and DOES work with Shrink with Nero running. I did not do a log file for this as there is no problem, but I think that I can safely assume that the LiteOn needs to go?

thanks again

Last edited:
Nero would not allow me to drag the file created

What file created? The Shrink files?

in fact, nero would not allow any of my files to be used. I thought perhaps that this was due to an error on my part, but, nero is throwing errors for others that I know, as of last night.

Troubleshooting Nero is really beyond the scope and intention of these forums. But even so, most people would need more information in order to help (What version of Nero are you using? What is the full error message?)

It's important to note that some movies require Anydvd ripper if you use DVD Shrink 3.2, Nero Recode, and possibly other Third Party Software. Why? Click here.

It is obviously clear that the Shrink/ nero combo is not the best way to go. I will take your suggestion and use imgburn and I believe that this would be in place of Nero?

Well, you can burn with imgburn instead if you want. You tell Shrink to output an .iso. And then in (write mode) in imgburn you select that .iso you created with Shrink, and then you burn.

I am wondering however if there are any other programs out there that you would advise using in place of Shrink.

The solution for these forums would be to use Clonedvd. However, Shrink's transcoder does produce better picture quality at high levels of compression. The downside to Shrink is that it takes a longer time to compress than Clonedvd. Clonedvd does allow you to split movies across two single layer discs and retain the main menus, which is something that Shrink does not.

I already have the DVD decrpt that was linked.

Hunh? :confused: Don't be using dvd decrypter if you own Anydvd. Using dvd decrypter is pretty pointless.

Although I just replaced my ROM, would you suggest getting a different kind noting that mine is a SATA liteOn and there appears to be problems with this?

click http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=767

I was having last night with the Shrink/nero combo in your opinion?

I'm not entirely sure. It may.

I am assuming after some reading that clone would revoke the need for the Shrink/Nero combo, or any other burning device, from what I gathered Clone does everything in a few short steps. Do you feel that Clone would work well with the LiteOn?

Yes, Clonedvd should work fine. click http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=476 and follow the steps (step by step)

Or would you still replace the LiteOn?

That's really up to you to decide. I do not enjoy advising people about burners to be honest. There are lots of Lite-on fans out there. I personally don't use newer Lite-on burners. And if I did, I would probably only use one to run pi/po and jitter tests (Disc quality scans).

However, the DVD burner that came with the Dell is still in use and DOES work with Shrink with Nero running. I did not do a log file for this as there is no problem, but I think that I can safely assume that the LiteOn needs to go?

This issue does, to the best of my knowledge, only affect Lite-on drives (and drives that are lite-on rebadges).

Last edited:
Back