• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

cropping letterbox to 16:9 not working?

Tsais

in the output method window, I select letterbox zoom 'full'
and the program shows me the correct video window: top and bottom cropped to fill a 16:9 (640x360) window.

However, when I click go and encode the video, it just produces a letterbox 640x480, which is useless.

what gives? The output method window shows that the program knows what I want, it displays it correctly...

what profile are you using?

when encoding 16:9 dvd's:
if you choose 'full',the video is zoomed in to give you a 4:3 output.
if you choose 'none',the output will be widescreen.

zoom=full:
capture_04072009_141948crop.jpg

zoom=none:
capture_04072009_141942crop.jpg

here's a frame from the resulting video file after selecting FULL:
capture_04072009_143819crop-1.jpg

here's a frame from the resulting video file after selecting NONE:
capture_04072009_143754crop-1.jpg

Last edited:
thanks for your answer, you really put a lot of effort into showing what you are talking about, much appreciated. But you misunderstood. I'm NOT encoding a 16:9 DVD.

I'm trying to encode a crappy letterbox (4:3) DVD
to 16:9 footage for my 640x360 (16:9) phone display.

(tested with generic divX profile as well as a custom profile, neither allows me to convert 4:3 DVD material to 16:9)

Last edited:
clonedvdmobile will not crop the letterbox from 4:3 video which contains a 'widescreen' video presentation within it (i.e. it wont leave you with just the 'widescreen' video as a file).
try freeware program HandBrake instead.
this has a very good autocrop feature (which can be manually over-ridden).
i found the autocrop is excellent and can crop to within 1 pixel (but usually bang-on) of black borders.
then you *may* need to set the output video dimension.
you can choose from the following video output files types: MP4,M4V,MKV,AVI and OGM.
audio is AAC,MP3,AC3 or Vorbis.

follow the google search results below to get HandBrake:
http://www.google.co.uk/search?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&rlz=1T4GGLL_enGB329GB330&q=handbrake

here's the userguide:
http://trac.handbrake.fr/wiki/HandBrakeGuide

Last edited:
Back