• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Criterion Blu-ray region detection question

mbarnstijn

I've never had AnyDVD HD automatically detect the region of a Criterion Blu-ray disc, in any version (Slysoft and Redfox) up to and including 8.0.5.1.

I've always configured AnyDVD HD to prompt me for region, and for Criterion discs I've always chosen Region A since I was under the impression they are all Region A locked. Is my impression incorrect?

Is there something unique about Criterion Blu-rays that prevents detecting Region A on them, or is it because very few people have posted log files for Criterion discs?

Just a few questions from a curious owner of over 300 Criterion Blu-ray titles...

--michael

Region detection on a Blu-ray is difficult to do, as it is stored in the Java code on the disc. More often than not it's not possible. It has nothing to do at all with criterion or region A. Nor is criterion automatically region A. In fact, if it couldn't determine the region, and you specify A when it isn't you'll end up with a defective disc.

Back