• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Creative Player issue?

Charlie

OK I have the X-FI Soundblaster gamer edition all plays well if I use WMP or such but if I want to use the creative player I am not getting any sound out of it. I have yet to contact tech support as I figured it was just something I overlooked. Like I said if I use WMP 11 all is well. This is on Vista 64 bit Ultimate Edition.

Any Ideals?

Creative X-Fi not playing dts

Hi,

I have a Creative X-Fi sound card which runs through the Cyberlink PowerDVD supplied software, and speakers which are Logitech Z5500 dts speakers. My operating sysem is Vista Ultimate 64 bit which has been running faultlessly.

I can play music through the speakers but the dts component isn't working. I can test the dts though the windows audio settings and this produces dts sound as acknowledged vai the Logitech console.

Playing a dts movie or audio through the Cyberlink PowerDVD software doesn't work and after 100 emails with technical support from Creative, Cyberlink and Microsoft the issue still hasn't been resolved.

Does anyone have a suggestion on the settings which plays dts? Also when I change the Creative Audio Console to SPDIF bypass the fibre optic signal to the Logitech console stops, no matter what the ms audio and PowerDVD settings are.

Cheers
Robert

I would suggest looking for some updated drivers for your card. Vista seems to have issues with sound.

I know they recently released newer drivers including Vista 64-bit. From the release notes I don't know if it will help your problem although there did seem to be a 4 GB RAM issue that was resolved.

Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi series Driver 2.15.0006 (63.05 MB) released on March 14, 2008.

Creative X-Fi not playing dts

Hi,

Thanks for the replies.

I'm amazed that Creative Software Autoupdate didn't find the latest driver, but I now have the current driver installed and the dts still doesn't work in PowerDVD.

I've just been in contact with Windows Technical Support and they were able to get dts working in the Windows Media Centre which is producing fantasic sound. The only thing now is to get Windows to read my dts music files and everything will be perfect.

It's unfortunate that I paid for PowerDVD Ultra for the dts, and it's Windows that I'll be using!!

Cheers
Robert

Back