• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Creating MP4 from Blu-ray with Cinavia

Arnold Murray

After doing a thorough review of the forums' topics relating to Cinavia on Blu-ray/DVD, I think I understand the process now (many, many thanks for the numerous posts and answers on the forums).

If my understanding is accurate, if I am only wanting to create a MP4 of the main movie on the Blu-ray that is only going to be played back from a HDD, then I do not need to remove Cinavia at all as Cinavia is not checked for in media being played via a HDD. So I can retain the full audio (retaining the Cinavia) in the MP4 format as playback from the HDD will not trigger Cinavia. My experience has been that removing Cinavia in creation of the MP4 does distort portions of music and is annoying/distracting to me.

Any comments as to whether my conclusions are accurate or otherwise would be appreciated.

Back