• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Creating ISO from CCD

dan001

Hi,

I have used CloneCD to create CCD/IMG/SUB files from a protected game, but still need to get an ISO out of it. I have tested the CCD files using virtual clone drive and they work fine (i.e. the game starts fine), but, as suggested in the FAQ, if I use another program to create an ISO out of the CCD files, then the resulting ISO does not allow the game to start (says insert correct CD indicating failure to create the ISO image correctly I guess).

I have tried ISOBuster and MagicISO and both have failed - is there another ISO burner that you would recommend that would create the ISO from the CCD files correctly? Or has the fact that those two programs failed meant that this is not possible?

Cheers
Dan

hi, thanks for replying Giljorak :)

i just tried imgburn now, but it didn't have an option to burn/convert a ccd to an iso. i am thinking now that maybe it isn't possible to create an exact iso copy from this one as the iso wil not be able to hold the info that the ccd/img files can hold which allow them to work and the iso's that i created previously to fail.

i have also done some reading of other posts and from what i understand now, it is only possible to create an iso from a pretty simple cd format and that anything more complex (such as copy protection, different modes) cannot be held in an iso format. i am guessing that is the case here.

cheers
dan

I believe the ISO format does not preserve protections on game disc images. You're stuck with the CCD/SUB/IMG files.

But this begs the question...why do you need the game image in ISO format when it works with VirtualCloneDrive?

Hi,

I needed an iso for vmware workstation as the emulated cd drive only recognises this format. I have built a very bare bones windows xp guest for running old games on and didn't want to install anything at all that wasn't absolutely necessary. However, it seems as though VCD has just become necessary :) So far all my other old games have converted to iso without problems and run via the vm emulated cd drive and i was hoping that would be the case for them all. But not to worry, this has been a useful exercise as I have come to understand a bit better about these things :)

Cheers
Dan

1.) Mount image with VCD
2.) Use CloneCD to create an .iso from the virtual drive

Hi James,

I thought CloneCD could only create CCD/IMG files? I started it up and looked through the options, but couldn't find any options to create an iso from the VCD image. I also went through the read to image wizard and it only allowed me to create a CCD/IMG file again.

dont know if u came right but poweriso has a function to convert images to iso

Back