• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Creating a Sims 3 Pets profile?

tgp1994

Hi everyone,

It seems like Game Jackal has Sims 3 and most of the addons currently working, although I would like to be able to add the Pets expansion. Is it possible to some how modify the Sims 3 profile to use Pets, since they both use the same method of copy protection?

It is? I didn't see it in the profile list... or would we just use The Sims 3 profile?

And certainly, here's the log. The drive was ejected very early into the loading process of The Sims 3 Pets, before the the main menu came up, which is when it normally does its second cd check.

Attachments

• The Sims 3 Pets.zip
    17.5 KB · Views: 34
Using "The Sim 3" profile is fine, as long as the pets exe was used to launch the game (which you have as Sim3EP05.exe).

When posting the logs, ensure you have run the profile first (after creating it). Anyway it does look to be the result of an issue we are currently investigating. If you get a chance please post the emulation logs also.

Using "The Sim 3" profile is fine, as long as the pets exe was used to launch the game (which you have as Sim3EP05.exe).

When posting the logs, ensure you have run the profile first (after creating it). Anyway it does look to be the result of an issue we are currently investigating. If you get a chance please post the emulation logs also.

Just off the bat, I think one issue may be that The Sims 3, no matter what expansion pack, runs as an executable named TS3W.exe, which is probably what's tripping up GameJackal (true, there is that option in the advanced options menu, although maybe this should be default in the Sims 3 profile).

When I run this profile for the first time, should it be done so with the game disc inserted? I'm guessing yes, I just want to make sure I do this right.

Also, where can I specifically find this emulation log?

tgp1994, I can confirm that the file matthew posted earlier (in a sticky at the top of the gamejackal forum) fixes the Sims 3 Pets profile problem. I purchased Pets today and was able to create a successful profile first time out.

I just got a chance to try it now. It works great, matthew! Thanks.

Back