• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Not a RedFox Issue Crashes when changing Netflix profile

Zanzibar!!!

Was d/loading from Amazon and Disney.

I changed the Disney profile, app crashed.

Attachments

• AnyStream_1.4.8.0.astlog
    45.9 KB · Views: 0
Changing profiles while downloading does cause issues. it's better just to add your movies to the queue and then download them. Why does anyone need to change their profile while downloading, I only use my profile. Changing providers is fine, but changing profiles is an issue. Not the way the program works. A different profile may have different settings.

Ah OK.

We use a Netflix family account. Does my d/load history/activity using AS have any impact on other ppl, if I d/load using their Netflix profile?

If it doesn't then I won't worry about which profile I'm in (although my own Netflix profile means that the algorithm makes better recommendations).

Ah OK.

We use a Netflix family account. Does my d/load history/activity using AS have any impact on other ppl, if I d/load using their Netflix profile?

If it doesn't then I won't worry about which profile I'm in (although my own Netflix profile means that the algorithm makes better recommendations).
Just change the profile while you are not downloading, its a simple thing.:)

Last edited:
Personally, I have a Profile on each provider specifically for downloading. The other software would mark stuff as partially watched all the time, so I didn't want a bunch of half watched stuff in my profile so this was the solution.

Personally, I have a Profile on each provider specifically for downloading. The other software would mark stuff as partially watched all the time, so I didn't want a bunch of half watched stuff in my profile so this was the solution.
Yes, that's fine, just do not change the profiles while downloading a movie and you will be all set to enjoy AS to its fullest.;)

Just change the profile while you are not downloading, its a simple thing.:)
That is *a* solution, but I've done it a few times accidentally, and it's really, really annoying.

Presumably I'm not the only person it happens to, either...

Changing profiles while downloading does cause issues. it's better just to add your movies to the queue and then download them. Why does anyone need to change their profile while downloading, I only use my profile. Changing providers is fine, but changing profiles is an issue. Not the way the program works. A different profile may have different settings.
The reason why I need to change profile sometimes (and it's only NF that does this) is that Netflix starts in my friend's profile, and I don't want to be d/loading loads of stuff in his profile. So I change it to my profile and then bang... application crashes and I have to line up what was d/loading on all 3 providers...

The reason why I need to change profile sometimes (and it's only NF that does this) is that Netflix starts in my friend's profile, and I don't want to be d/loading loads of stuff in his profile. So I change it to my profile and then bang... application crashes and I have to line up what was d/loading on all 3 providers...
You can change profiles all day just do not be downloading when you are doing it. :rolleyes:

That is *a* solution, but I've done it a few times accidentally, and it's really, really annoying.

Presumably I'm not the only person it happens to, either...
Well, that's the way the program works, go to the profile you are going to use and download the movie. Not changing profiles while downloading. By the way, it wont hurt anyone elses profiles no matter what you are doing so just stay on your own unless your friend doesn't live in the same house and you are using his login. Two different IPs. NF and other s are cracking down on sharing passwords.

Well ... you can't switch profile while watching a movie, can you? Same concept. ;)

On the other hand, how about a simple (suggested) solution for AnyStream, just to prevent crashing:
Disable the ability to switch profiles when the download queue has items (or downloads are running?)?

I'm using a family account with my friend, so we can both be using it simultaneously if we each use the correct profile. However I don't want my downloads to mess up his watch history/algorithm. (Plus the recommendations from NF are better in my profile.)

BTW - I've just got this when attempting to dload Netflix: Error. Failed to retrieve playlist. I get that quite often with NF.

Previously, in trying to enable NF dloads again (when I'm still downloading from other services) I've tried either:
  • changing NF profiles or
  • closing the NF tab, logging in again, and then tried changing to my profile.
AS has crashed, and I've lost the d/load queue.

That's why I've changed profiles - and I don't think that behaviour is reasonable!

I'm using a family account with my friend, so we can both be using it simultaneously if we each use the correct profile. However I don't want my downloads to mess up his watch history/algorithm. (Plus the recommendations from NF are better in my profile.)

BTW - I've just got this when attempting to dload Netflix: Error. Failed to retrieve playlist. I get that quite often with NF.

Previously, in trying to enable NF dloads again (when I'm still downloading from other services) I've tried either:
  • changing NF profiles or
  • closing the NF tab, logging in again, and then tried changing to my profile.
AS has crashed, and I've lost the d/load queue.

That's why I've changed profiles - and I don't think that behaviour is reasonable!
If you have an issue, I need a logfile or I cannot help you.

So why dont you stay on your profile, you cannot for the 4th time change profiles while downloading. Please post that logfile.

The reason why I need to change profile sometimes (and it's only NF that does this) is that Netflix starts in my friend's profile, and I don't want to be d/loading loads of stuff in his profile.
Ask your friend to buy an AS license.:)

Various responses implied I was being foolish for changing profiles, and I just wanted to explain why it's reasonable behaviour, even if it crashes AS.

My very first post included in this thread included a logfile, but I'll upload another.

I now know that changing profiles crashes AS. Perhaps there should be a warning for people who have a Netflix family account and use multiple profiles?

I won't do it again.

I was just explaining why I needed to do it.

Attachments

• AnyStream_1.4.8.0.astlog
    5.4 MB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Various responses implied I was being foolish for changing profiles, and I just wanted to explain why it's reasonable behaviour, even if it crashes AS.

My very first post included in this thread included a logfile, but I'll upload another.

I now know that changing profiles crashes AS. Perhaps there should be a warning for people who have a Netflix family account and use multiple profiles?

I won't do it again.

I was just explaining why I needed to do it.
Okay, let me look this over and maybe we can figure out a way to tell why those files didn't download.;)
BTW - I've just got this when attempting to download Netflix: Error. Failed to retrieve playlist

Do you remember the name of the movie that crashed, I see a lot of stuff in this logfile.

It was Netflix.

I think it was Happy, S1 or S2. It was (I think) episodes 6,7,8 failed a couple of times.

Not sure about the time - a bit before my original post, Tuesday @ 6.28pm

I'm a bit paranoid about making too much info public. Presumably if they could prove the data forensics, the streaming services would love to close down any accounts that are using AS...

It was Netflix.

I think it was Happy, S1 or S2. It was (I think) episodes 6,7,8 failed a couple of times.

Not sure about the time - a bit before my original post, Tuesday @ 6.28pm

I'm a bit paranoid about making too much info public. Presumably if they could prove the data forensics, the streaming services would love to close down any accounts that are using AS...
We have ben here for years and never an incident.;)

Back