• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Crashes and other problem with Total Recall (2012)

robertwallace

I've always had a problem trying to get a good copy of my Total Recall (2012) BD. It crashes one of the sub-programs in Clown BD and even using a full iso from AnyDVD HD, the seemless branching fails - leaving half-second a/v breaks at the switches. Only this title in all my BDs is causing problems. (playing on Zappiti Mini (Sigma)).

I was hoping CloneBD would solve that problem, but when I set it up to create either Full or partial, folder or ISO, it crashes immediately on pressing "Begin Conversion." If I tell it to transcode to mp4 at full resolution, it says it will require 3.47 TB, ringing bells and flashing warnings that there's not enough space in the world for this title ;) . Even at the lowest resolution, it says it needs 141 GB. Beginning the conversion crashes CloneBD.

When previewing the title in the player, the player stops at the end of a segment and will not continue to the next. You can exit out of the player and manually click on the next segment and it will play, however if you do it several times, CloneBD crashes.

I've been told it's the unusual encoding of the Dolby True HD 7.1 soundtrack, though I'm not able to confirm that.

Has anyone had any success making a copy of this title with CloneBD in the short time its been out? I enjoy the movie, but I'm tired of digging out the disk when I want to see all or part of it.

Thanks,
Robert

Last edited:
Total Recall (2012)

So is this your disk? well first off you will have to use the latest tsmuxer (if you don't know it,google it) I did this title way back when so sorry I forgot which mpl (playlist file) it is. The seamless branching isn't the problem more than the protection (forgot what it's called) but it adds a bunch of fake playlist files to scramble the m2ts files out of order. Hell you might google that if you word it correctly. try 501 and 800. Try BDinfo but it will give you the largest amount and on this type of disk it is usually not the largest. Once you get right mpl, drag it to tsmuxer, then just demux it,keep what you want and uncheck the rest, or unless they get this working for you. I believe it will always be hard for any one click app to get this type right.

Hi Robert,

Please follow these steps:
  • Re-start the transcoding process in same way you described below
  • When CloneBD says "Your copy was created succesfully" press and hold down the ALT key*
  • Two buttons will pop up while holding down the ALT key
  • Click "Send log file via email to bugs@elby.ch"
  • Explain what you did and what's wrong and send email
Don't expect any answer, just stay tuned for next updates.

Thanks
Tom

* Hidden hotkey:
If CloneBD finishes transcoding succesfully, there will be no button "Send log file ...".
However, should you want to send a bug report or save the log file, just hold down the
Alt key and 2 additional buttons will appear.

Hi Robert,

Please follow these steps:
  • Re-start the transcoding process in same way you described below
  • When CloneBD says "Your copy was created succesfully" press and hold down the ALT key*
  • Two buttons will pop up while holding down the ALT key
  • Click "Send log file via email to bugs@elby.ch"
  • Explain what you did and what's wrong and send email
Don't expect any answer, just stay tuned for next updates.

Thanks
Tom

Tom, Thanks for the reply, but as I mentioned in my original post, CloneBD crashes before it starts the transcoding, so there's no way to do what you ask. Is there any information available before transcoding that would help the developers track this down?

Robert

So is this your disk? well first off you will have to use the latest tsmuxer (if you don't know it,google it) I did this title way back when so sorry I forgot which mpl (playlist file) it is. The seamless branching isn't the problem more than the protection (forgot what it's called) but it adds a bunch of fake playlist files to scramble the m2ts files out of order. Hell you might google that if you word it correctly. try 501 and 800. Try BDinfo but it will give you the largest amount and on this type of disk it is usually not the largest. Once you get right mpl, drag it to tsmuxer, then just demux it,keep what you want and uncheck the rest, or unless they get this working for you. I believe it will always be hard for any one click app to get this type right.

Thanks, stinman.

Yes, my disk. Latest tsmuxer. I'm used to the fake playlist puzzles on some of my BDs and having to track down/determine the correct one. I'm not sure why they do this - it's no protection, considering how fast folks figure it out.

I haven't run tsmuxer standalone, so I'll give that a try. However, Clown BD seems to be crashing on the extraction - about a second after I click "start" and before the mux process so it may not be a tsmuxer problem. I'll dig down a little more into the Clown BD process steps and pay more attention to the error messages, but I'm not really expecting to solve Clown BD problems in the CloneBD forum.

I was hoping CloneBD would let me do away with the Clown BD wrapper/GUI/dostools, but its not there yet, apparently, and currently lacks the output options I need for my setup. I'll keep trying until my trial runs out. I'm not sure if I can update the trial version with bug fixes. I hope so, or I may never find out if the bugs I'm experiencing get fixed.

Thanks, again.
Robert

Followup - additional info

In Clown BD, eac3to is the crasher. Again, I don't want to debug Clown BD here, but perhaps this will help explain why CloneBD is crashing on this title. Note that CloneBD reports that this BD has Cinavia protection.

Here's partial output of ac3to when extracting (straight from the BD disk, running latest AnyDVD HD):

[a03] Extracting TrueHD stream...
[v02] Creating file "D:\ClownBD_Temp\Video_2.h264"...
[a03] Creating file "D:\ClownBD_Temp\Audio_3_English.THD+AC3"...
[a03] Skipping identical AC3 frames (seamless branching)...
[a03] Skipping identical AC3 frames (seamless branching)...
[a03] This track is not clean (2). <WARNING>
[a03] This track is not clean (2). <WARNING>
[a03] [libav] too many audio samples in frame <WARNING>
[a03] The libav decoder reported error -1094995529 while decoding. <ERROR>
Aborted at file position 259127296. <ERROR>

If I decode an alternate audio stream instead of the True HD stream, eac3to works OK. CloneBD still crashes immediately when starting the conversion no matter which audio stream I select -- If I select no audio stream, CloneBD says I'll need 3.46 TB for the copy. If nothing else, that is a pretty substantial bug right there. Unfortunately, I don't have a 4TB drive handy to see what happens if I begin the conversion at that point.

I can understand if CloneBD can't handle the input for some reason. It should still fail gracefully instead of crashing to the desktop.

Robert

I'll keep trying until my trial runs out. I'm not sure if I can update the trial version with bug fixes.t

In fact, CloneBD has no 21 trial limit. Just the nice looking beaver logo.

In fact, CloneBD has no 21 trial limit. Just the nice looking beaver logo.

I'm not sure I understand, Tom. What differentiates the registered version from the non-registered version? More functionality? Clippy/Bucky finally goes away when I register?

Robert

The watermark on the video

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 7 met Tapatalk

Followup - partially solved

I downloaded and installed the latest ffdshow distribution and I can now create a good copy of Total Recall (from the BD disc) using Clown BD, including the the Dolby TrueHD audio tracks. I haven't tried an iso or folder created from the latest AnyDVD HD, yet. An older ISO still fails.

This did not fix the problem with CloneBD, which still crashes to the desktop when I begin the conversion process.

Robert

Last edited:
The watermark on the video

Hmm. I've only completed one "conversion", a partial 1:1 to a folder structure, and playing the m2ts file with PowerDVD, I haven't noticed a watermark. Is it continuous? Where would it show up?

Robert

Top right corner of the video, unless they removed it for the duration of the public beta

Top right corner of the video, unless they removed it for the duration of the public beta

Possibly. Or perhaps since I did a 1:1, the video was not modified to add the bucky bug.

Robert

Please try again with DXVA disabled (settings, video)

Please try again with DXVA disabled (settings, video)

Crashed as before.

[edit] Also checked with 1.0.2.3 that you just posted. Still crashes.

Robert

Last edited:
Please update to V1.0.2.3 Thankyou

http://static.slysoft.com/SetupCloneBD1023SlySoft.exe

1.0.2.3 2014-12-15

• Fix: Crash when CloneBD reads some non-BD UDF devices (unknown) [#319, #324, #325, #401, #402, #420]
  • Fix: Crash on some computers with a legacy GPU driver [#334]
  • Fix: Division by zero when not enough space for cover image on start page [#329]
  • Fix: DirectX sometimes not installed properly. Fixes "d3dx9_43.dll is missing" [#443]
  • Fix: Start error code 0xC0000007B on XP/Vista when there is no DirectX installed [#443]
  • Fix: Bug in string library that caused the application to crash [#381, #382, #383, #384, #385, #387, #388, #389]
  • Fix: Jumping labels on progress page [#309]
  • Change: Set shorter network timeout for device list download, in case server cannot be found. [#314]
  • Change: Added tooltip explaining the meaning of "Audio core" [#346]
  • Change: disabled DXVA converters for good (using D3D pixel shaders instead; faster, more reliable, more configurable; only -converters- are affected, not -decoders-) [#450]
  • Some minor fixes and improvements
  • Updated languages

Crashed as before.

[edit] Also checked with 1.0.2.3 that you just posted. Still crashes.

Robert
Hi Robert , is that R1 of Total Recall? Is there an ASIN Number on the back, I think I may have that disc.

Robert,

Please run (Start/Run) dxdiag. Save info file, remove any personal data and post it here.

Hi Robert , is that R1 of Total Recall? Is there an ASIN Number on the back, I think I may have that disc.

Yes, region 1. For ASIN, do you mean 0 43396 40972 9 (under the bar code on the back)? Maybe just the 40972 (written on the spine)

dxdiag (32 and 64 bit) reports

The paperclip/attach tool complained about file size, so I put them (32 and 64 bit) into a zip.

Attachments

• dx_diag reports.zip
    15.3 KB · Views: 4
Back