Could a big studio buy Slysoft?

Discussion in 'AnyDVD HD (Blu-ray issues)' started by zeroprobe, Oct 30, 2007.

1. zeroprobe

zeroprobe Member

What a nightmare if this happened. As Slysoft are getting all the media attention and are the only ones breaking AACS at the moment. Is it so far fetched there could be a buyout ??

I just hope the head honcho at slysoft has enough money already so he can't be tempted :) If example FOX bought you out, would your life be that much better? Would 10 lamborghinis you could now buy be that much different from 1 ?? NEH so keep on fighting the good fight.

Keep up the good work.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2007
  2. hotdog453

hotdog453 Well-Known Member

Epic. Thread.

3. LINUS

LINUS Beta Tester

Good grief, are you trying to steal the rest of sleep I catch per day?

4. James

James Redfox Development Team Staff Member

Sure. Bids start at 150 million US$. :D

5. Charlie

Charlie Well-Known Member

I hope that is just for GJ? AnyDVD is worth nothing it is priceless. :D

6. Anthony1uk

Anthony1uk Well-Known Member

Didn't Sony do just this back in the 90's with Bleem and Virtual Game Station.

(Anyone not in the know they were retail Playstation One emulators for the PC)

If memory serves Sony took them to court and lost. So immediately just went out and bought both companies then immediately stopped production of both emulators.

I suspect with the money Sony has they would likely go out and buy the entire country of Antigua just to stop Slysoft if they break the BD+ protection.

7. Rathbone80

Rathbone80 Well-Known Member

Oh well, there are enough islands in the carribean. And there is Cuba. :D

8. Peer

Peer Redfox Development Team Staff Member

I'd imagine, Crazy George is waiting for an excuse... ;)

9. diogen

diogen Member

I believe SlySoft is not a public company, hence no "shareholders" to keep happy (except employees).
    Hence, any offer can be answered with the finger...

Diogen.

10. deaacs

deaacs Well-Known Member

Well at least we can be grateful DVDFab ripped open anydvd and stole all the decrypting codes ;) Their advertising:

For a limited time, depending on whether you purchase, we offer a discount which has value of $10 up to $30.
    Please note that this discount is only valid until Oct 30, 2007.

Though would breach Australian law, as this is seen as "baiting the consumer", lol.

I'll buy Slysoft, my bid is $1 (AUD) - I suggest you take it, it's a wise investment our dollar is going up, Up, UP!

11. rwilko234

rwilko234 New Member

Hey, that's the same price as Paramount! :)