Corrupted VOB from Independence Day

Discussion in 'CloneDVD mobile' started by ivanX, Aug 23, 2007.

1. ivanX

ivanX Translator (ru)

Hello,

I'm using the latest versions of CloneDVDMobile and AnyDVDHD and I'm trying to create a VOB file from Independence Day Special Edition DVD.

Everything is dandy and CDVDM tells me that it was done successfully but when I try to play it in Media Player Classic not only the total time displayed is incorrect (seemed to have lost almost an hour somewhere!) and jumping ahead causes a CPU overload and MPC freezes.

Yet when creating a VOB file from any other DVD there is no problem.

I'd very much appreciate some help on this please, thank you :clap:

2. ivanX

ivanX Translator (ru)

Just tried doing a VOB passthrough again and MPC still only displays 1.21.39 and no jumping ahead. Plays in PowerDVD fine but then I can't get subs to display unless i mux them in.

Would you be kind enough peer? Thanks a bunch! :)

3. ivanX

ivanX Translator (ru)

Since no one from Slysoft is willing to respond here, I will be emailing Slysoft instead. Shame I got no result from the forum :(

4. DetroitBaseball

DetroitBaseball Well-Known Member

What if no one knows? :confused:

5. ivanX

ivanX Translator (ru)

Quite likely that is the case. Not even one reply though. Nevermind, Slysoft support usually responds pretty quickly :)

6. ivanX

ivanX Translator (ru)

...and while the support did respond quickly, they seemed to have gone completely quiet for the last 3 days which does concern me a lot. The issue remains unsolved and I am still unhappy :( If james or peer happen to stroll by, i'd appreciate some info, thanks a lot :)

7. ivanX

ivanX Translator (ru)

Hi,

Am I banging my head against the wall here? There was no response from Slysoft representatives on this issue. Also, the support seems to be non-existent because I've been waiting for over a week for an email from them and nothing happened!:mad:

Peer, you seem to be the man for CloneDVDMobile, can you please do something? Thank you

8. Webslinger

Webslinger Retired Moderator

Then wouldn't that suggest it's an MPC issue/bug?

9. ivanX

ivanX Translator (ru)

Not necessarily. No official confirmation of that either from Slysoft. It is possible that something within that particular title is preventing CloneDVDMobile from making a correct VOB file. Who knows?

I will try another player to see if the same happens, but if it does then I believe it is obvious that is it is more to do with CloneDVDMobile/title than anything else.

EDIT:
    Tried playing the VOB file in question in VLC player and it plays fine and I can skip ahead too, but the time stamp is still wrong. I think this is cause enough for concern and explanation from Slysoft :)

Last edited: Sep 6, 2007
  10. Peer

Peer Redfox Development Team Staff Member

If anything, it is a problem with the source material.

CloneDVD mobile does not "make" the VOB file - other than the other profiles, where transcoding is being done, the VOB-passthrough mode does nothing but pass through the original VOB data unmodified while stripping off unselected streams.

In this case obviously a faulty VOB source is being copied maintaining the faults from the original.

Hence there is nothing, that CloneDVD mobile can do about it.

11. ivanX

ivanX Translator (ru)

So would you say that it is a problem with the disc? I was able to make a good DivX backup of it though...

12. Peer

Peer Redfox Development Team Staff Member

That is irrelevant.
    As you said yourself: some players can play that VOB, some can't.
    Obviously the transcoder can also handle the crap in the source material and create a fine divx file - pure luck.
    This will not change that fact, that CloneDVD mobile will not bother to fix broken VOB files - it's just not its purpose.