• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Corel WinDVD 9

markcu

Hi,

I'm considering moving from PDVD to Corels WINDVD for watching my Hi-def media (Both Blu-ray and HD-DVD)

Is it any good?
Are there any reasons why this would be a good/bad idea?
Does work ok with iso's. virtual clone drive, and anydvd hd?

Many thanks for your input.

mark.

Hi,

I'm considering moving from PDVD to Corels WINDVD for watching my Hi-def media (Both Blu-ray and HD-DVD)

Is it any good?
Dunno. I never got it to work reliably. If it does (you must be lucky), BD movies stutter like hell under XP.

Not yet. At the moment, it doesn't play BD isos with VCD, only HD DVD.
Difficult to fix, as I have a hard time to get it to play anything at all.

Not yet. At the moment, it doesn't play BD isos with VCD, only HD DVD.
Difficult to fix, as I have a hard time to get it to play anything at all.

WinDVD plays *encrypted* BD isos (e.g. created from original disc with AnyDVD disabled) mounted with Daemon Tools, provided that AnyDVD is enabled for a virtual drive (SamuriHL's method).

As soon as James enables VCD to allow to change media type either with UI or by modifying .dvd description file, it should play images (both decrypted and encrypted) mounted wth VCD, too. :)

But I'm also rather sceptical about moving from PowerDVD to WinDVD permanently.

Last edited:
Hi,

Is it any good?

Many thanks for your input.

mark.

PowerDVD is the best choice!
I would never try any apps from former InterVideo now renamed Corel.
There apps crash and, they will let you down at some points. Cyberlink is the best! ;)

Back