• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Corel WinDVD 12 Pro doesn't read UHD

Knew

I have an AMD based CPU (Ryzen 3900X) and due to that I need AnyDVD HD to playback my UHD media. It plays back with PowerDVD but recently a DRM patch came out (not sure if it was just me, I made a post about this the other day) which prevents me from being able to screenshot or share my desktop with my friends to watch discs with them (through Discord) so I started to use Corel WinDVD for it and it works perfectly. But this only works with Blu-ray, PowerDVD will read my UHD media and play it fine but WinDVD will not despite having BDXL support. I checked their site and found out that you need an Intel CPU to play it back, I even tried ripping the disc to my HDD and it kept saying it was unsupported, trying to play the disc itself would come up with a Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library "Runtime Error! Program C:\Program Files (x86)\Corel\WinDVD12\WinDVD.exe abnormal program termination" error and close the program.

Is there anyway I can use WinDVD to playback my UHD discs as normal without an Intel CPU?

FYI; WinDVD does play the video files inside the disc if you select them one by one. But the disc has over 150 video files in it for some reason and they are not sorted. I would rather play the disc itself. The disc is the Australian 4K release of Wall-E.

Attachments

• t0ovcg4j.png
    t0ovcg4j.png
    93.1 KB · Views: 8
  • t0ovcg4j.png
    t0ovcg4j.png
    93.1 KB · Views: 6
  • t0ovcg4j.png
    t0ovcg4j.png
    93.1 KB · Views: 6
Sorry, I uploaded the same screenshot three times. Please excuse that. That was my fault.

Wrong section, moved. Not an anydvd problem. The screenshot clearly show there's a runtime error in WinDVD itself. You need to contact Corel.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Wrong section, moved. Not an anydvd problem. The screenshot clearly show there's a runtime error in WinDVD itself. You need to contact Corel.

But it is. AnyDVD isn't bypassing the Intel restriction as it should.

Your first thing is to get that runtime error fixed. That's the root cause most likely.

Your first thing is to get that runtime error fixed. That's the root cause most likely.

I am most certain it is AnyDVD, the runtime error occurs because WinDVD doesn't have the Intel SGX software installed. WinDVD works with every single thing except UHD media.

The most likely cause of “Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library "Runtime Error!” is that the Visual C++ redistributable is out of date or incompatible with the installed copy of Corel\WinDVD12.

SGX is irrelevant to AnyDVD.
SGX is a security feature supported by relevant Intel CPUs and the O/S.

As stated above, SGX isn't software based, it's hardware based baked into the CPU. This is NOT an anydvd problem.

I see, UHD wouldn't work without SGX on PowerDVD till I used AnyDVD on it. Sorry, I'm fairly new to the UHD scene and with all this SGX stuff. Should I install an older version of Visual C++? My redistributables are all up to date.

I see, UHD wouldn't work without SGX on PowerDVD till I used AnyDVD on it.

That's normal behavior. The intel SGX requirement is hardcoded into PowerDVD

You could try updating to service pack 7 for WinDVD 12, if you're not already running that version. Maybe that'll help. Tried doing a google search on this specific problem but couldn't find much. I can tell you that the amazon reviews on WinDVD 12 are anything but positive.

Other than that, you could try CloneBD and make an UHD lossless mkv copy. Maybe that'll play.

That's normal behavior. The intel SGX requirement is hardcoded into PowerDVD

You could try updating to service pack 7 for WinDVD 12, if you're not already running that version. Maybe that'll help. Tried doing a google search on this specific problem but couldn't find much. I can tell you that the amazon reviews on WinDVD 12 are anything but positive.

Other than that, you could try CloneBD and make an UHD lossless mkv copy. Maybe that'll play.

UHD media is such a pain in the ass, for seemingly no reason too. I tried updating to the latest one and it still gets the error. This only happens with UHD media and nothing else. I also contacted support.. they were less than helpful, and I still have not heard back from them. I just want a good player for UHD media that doesn't block my screencapping capabilities. WinDVD should be that, and yet it isn't and it seems like it is because of the Intel SGX feature, on their site they specifically states you need an Intel based CPU/motherboard to be able to playback UHD media. Which is ridiculous, because it clearly does not.

I've attached my conversation with support.

Attachments

• unknown.png
    unknown.png
    45.2 KB · Views: 6
  • unknown (1).png
    unknown (1).png
    46.7 KB · Views: 6
I see, UHD wouldn't work without SGX on PowerDVD till I used AnyDVD on it. Sorry, I'm fairly new to the UHD scene and with all this SGX stuff. Should I install an older version of Visual C++? My redistributables are all up to date.
Stupid question, why don't you use PowerDVD, if you have it?

well that was a useless chat lol. Anyway, regarding your autoplay you mention. https://www.howtogeek.com/236241/how-to-enable-disable-and-customize-autoplay-in-windows-10/

Screencaptures have nothing to do with SGX, it's because of potential "copyright" problems. PowerDVD won't let you do that either. With or without AnyDVD enabled i believe.

AnyDVD used to bypass the screencapping restriction on PowerDVD right up until last year of December when I upgraded my PC and had to reinstall it. Now it won't bypass it on any version of PowerDVD (if you wanna know about it more, I made a post about it, but it came inconclusive). It still bypasses WinDVD's screencapping restrictions thankfully. Also I don't mean autoplay on Windows, I mean literally on WinDVD itself, it's bothered me ever since I got it. If you have a ANY disc in your disc tray, supported or not, it will try to play it instantly and freeze the player while it tries to read it and then play it. There seems to be no way to disable it other than just opening your disc tray before you open the software because if you don't it sometimes crashes from not loading in quick enough. Regardless, I love AnyDVD, especially because of the screencapping bypass capabilities.

Stupid question, why don't you use PowerDVD, if you have it?

Because I want to watch the particular movie with my friends online. But for some reason it won't bypass the screencapping on discs except DVD. I would use PowerDVD if it was an option, and I can't use VLC because it's so unoptimised and crashes when I try to play stuff on it.

If you would like, I can record exactly what I mean for you.

Here, I have just so you have a better idea of what I mean. This happens with PowerDVD 19 Ultra too. If it did not attach, you can download it here.

Attachments

• 2021-03-30 01-04-44.mp4
    3.6 MB · Views: 2
Last edited by a moderator:
No one can help or give advice? I tried to ISO the disc and rip and that didn't help, Corel simply said it didn't support it (no crash (it should support it)), I tried to emulate the disc rip using a program that does that, didn't work, I tried uninstalling both PowerDVD 19 and 20, including registry information, still didn't stop the screencap blocking. It's such a headache just so I can watch bloody Wall-E of all movies with my friends. I want to be able to sort this out so I can watch future 4K content with my friends.

So far, non-UHD Blu-ray seems to be the superior format. Despite not having as deeper colours and what not. What a shame, time to buy a second copy of Wall-E for $15 when the UHD copy cost $20 by itself.

I am most certain it is AnyDVD, the runtime error occurs because WinDVD doesn't have the Intel SGX software installed. WinDVD works with every single thing except UHD media.
Maybe - just maybe... AnyDVD's Cinavia bypass is incompatible with your WinDVD. Please try to turn it off: Program Settings -> uncheck "prevent player software from detecting Cinavia"
Unlikely, but worth a try.

Maybe - just maybe... AnyDVD's Cinavia bypass is incompatible with your WinDVD. Please try to turn it off: Program Settings -> uncheck "prevent player software from detecting Cinavia"
Unlikely, but worth a try.

Thank you for the suggestion, unfortunately that didn't work for PowerDVD or WinDVD. I got a response from Corel, turns out the "BDXL, 4K support" was just gross misleading marketing. They tried really hard to make it seem supported, when it isn't. At this point I'm not sure what to do at all. I wish PowerDVD didn't have something against me. The screencap issue seems to only happen with me and I have no idea why. If it helps, I noticed that when I play a disc it opens a whole new PowerDVD window, it did not do this before.

Attachments

• CorselCrapSupport.png
    CorselCrapSupport.png
    43.1 KB · Views: 3
  • CorselCrapSupport.png
    CorselCrapSupport.png
    43.1 KB · Views: 3
I triggered the exact same message I got which broke PowerDVD for me last year near the end of the year. I pressed no and it did not fix the screencap block.

Attachments

• 26246346234.png
    26246346234.png
    29 KB · Views: 8
Back