• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Copywrite warning in film

fmb2nd

anyDVD HD 8.0.4.0
Player: MPC-HC X64

I get the following on "The age of Adaline" at 04:00 minutes in.

/****
"Dear Customer,
The disc you've inserted cannot be played due to copyright restrictions.
Please visit http://www.lionsgateshop.com, a local retail, or online store of choice to purchase a genuine copy.
If you try to play back an original disc on your computer and experience a "copy detected" message, please ensure that no ripping of copying tool is actively running while performing the playback"
****/

It lasts about a minute. From the discussions I have looked at could it be a 'Screenpass' issue? Unfortunately the threads I have looked at don't really tell me much except that something called 'OPD' is involved. So, what is Screenpass? Also, what is 'opd'?

Thanks in advance for any help!
fmb

Read this: https://forum.redfox.bz/threads/please-read-this-before-you-post.52659/ No logfile = we cant help you

yes it's screenpass. Screenpass basically either scrambles the order in which scenes are played or redirects to a false playlist preventing playback at all
OPD = Online Protection Database, the online database where AnyDVD gets it's primary info for blu-ray disc decryption that are affected by screenpass so that it can also list the correct playlist in the status window.

The playlist then mentioned in the status window is the one that you'll be needing to load into in your case, MPC-HC. It can very well be that your disc is correctly handled by anydvd but your player isn't selecting the correct playlist. To determine that, we need the logfile i requested above.

Thanks Ch3vrOn,
Here is the requested info.

1. Get and install the latest version of AnyDVD as seen at the very top of this Forum
I believe I have the latest version: AnyDVD HD 8.0.4.0
2. Set "Default" status in AnyDVD
Done
3. Next, tell us about your problem but explain it and avoid under-statements:
Title: "The Age of Adeline"; Country?: USA or Canada (Lionsgate)
No error msg but at about 4:00 minutes the statement quoted in my original post. The post lasts about 1.5 minutes and then clears for the rest of the movie.
4. Not using CloneDVD and you have the "can't copy" scenario?
CloneDVD does not work on BD, so I always use the 'Rip video disk to hard disk' option and then play from that or use BD Rebuilder to shrink and burn. Tried again with AnyDVD HD and the Title in a Blue ray drive. So playing from the disk OR playing from the hard drive I get the same statement.
5. Post an AnyDVD log file.
A log file is attached

I hope I have not missed any information.

fmb

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.0.4.0_Info_F_AGE_OF_ADALINE.ziplog
    578 KB · Views: 10
That disc is properly handled by AnyDVD, as is indicated in the status window.

Blu-ray Java signatures fixed!
BD-Live deactivated!
Sony structural BD-J protection removed!
Java BD protection good playlists: 611

The problem is MPC-HC not picking the correct playlist. Any unlicensed player has to guess what the right playlist is, they usually pick the one with the longest runtime which is in 99% of the cases the wrong one. You will need to manually load playlist 00611.mpls into MPC-HC for playback and then it should work. Either way this is not an AnyDVD issue but an issue with your player.

about 4. Doesn't apply to blu-ray. Recommended ripping method for blu-ray is "Rip to IMAGE" not "rip video dvd to hard disc". Oh and set your drive hardware region in windows device manager, make sure you exit AnyDVD completely before you do so.

fmb2nd, Ch3vr0n replied to a thread you are watching at RedFox Forum

/****
The problem is MPC-HC not picking the correct playlist. Any unlicensed player has to guess what the right playlist is, they usually pick the one with the longest runtime which is in 99% of the cases the wrong one. You will need to manually load playlist 00611.mpls into MPC-HC for playback and then it should work. Either way this is not an AnyDVD issue but an issue with your player.
****/

Ch3vr0n,
I can see where the 00611.mpls came from and I entered that file into MPC and it played correctly all the way. Then I did the same with another Blue ray but the output of the logfile had nothing to say in the way of a playlist file number at all. But it played well.

/****
about 4. Doesn't apply to blu-ray. Recommended ripping method for blu-ray is "Rip to IMAGE" not "rip video dvd to hard disc". Oh and set your drive hardware region in windows device manager, make sure you exit AnyDVD completely before you do so.
****/

Ch3vr0n,
I tried 'Rip to Image' but once done it is not playable. At least I couldn't think of a way to play it. Of course it is in a nice form to burn to disk but that is not what I want. When I 'rip video to hard disc' it is in a format to be played as if it is the Blue ray disk.
Set the drives to the proper zone.

thanks for the help!!

fmb

I can see where the 00611.mpls came from and I entered that file into MPC and it played correctly all the way. Then I did the same with another Blue ray but the output of the logfile had nothing to say in the way of a playlist file number at all. But it played well.

AnyDVD only mentions the playlist jumber for java protected or screenpass protected discs. In all other cases tools such as BDInfo can almost always correctly identify the good playlist.

I tried 'Rip to Image' but once done it is not playable. At least I couldn't think of a way to play it.

When you rip to image (.iso) you use something like "Virtual Clone Drive" to mount the iso image in a virtual drive (this free software available on the download page, simulates an optical drive to the operating system. When you load or "mount" an ISO image, it appears to the system as a disc inside an optical drive. Which can then be access by your mpc-hc or any other playback software the same way like any other physical optical drive in your computer.

When I 'rip video to hard disc' it is in a format to be played as if it is the Blue ray disk.

actually it's not, but that's another matter. Some users like to load the m2ts files directly and that have a number of problematic consequences

Ch3vron,
I have learned a great deal in our correspondence and will put into practice that which I have learned. Thank you and the forum very much for your patience and all the help.

fmb

Back