Copyright Protected DVD

Discussion in 'AnyDVD HD (DVD issues)' started by David Green, Sep 3, 2020.

1. David Green

David Green New Member

I have been trying to rip a region 1 copy of the movie 'Ruben Brandt Collector' but despite having RED Fox there to remove the Copyright Protection, I still can't see it in my Pavtube BDMagic software. If I open Explorer, the associated .VOD file is actually on the disc, but faded out so it can't be opened. It plays on a DVD Player OK, just not in a PC drive. The fine print on the back of the case cover does actually confirm that. However, I would have thought that Red Fox would have removed the copyright protection automatically and adjusted for the regional change.

Has anyone else experienced this and is there a work-around?

2. Ch3vr0n

Ch3vr0n Translator NL & Mod

3. dbminter

dbminter Well-Known Member

Also, what's a .VOD file? I don't think I've ever heard of it before. .VOB is the Video OBject file that comprises DVD Video.

4. David Green

David Green New Member

Attached Files:

5. David Green

David Green New Member

Sorry....just a typo. It is a VOB file

6. Ch3vr0n

Ch3vr0n Translator NL & Mod

It's not. That's an image of the status info, not a logfile. Please read and follow the instructions.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

7. mmdavis

mmdavis Well-Known Member

That is not an AnyDVD log, that is a screenshot of the Status.

From the "PLEASE read this before you post" sticky (that you were given the link to), #5:

8. David Green

David Green New Member

How about now?

Attached Files:

9. James

James Redfox Development Team Staff Member

Much better. Can you rip to harddisk using AnyDVD ripper? If yes, use these files as the source for PAVtube or whatever. Or try using elby CloneDVD2.