• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Copying issues

JasonJ5035

I've also been using ANYDVD and CLONEDVD for more than a year without any problems. When I upgraded to (and installed) the latest version of ANYDVD I started getting "Bad Media" errors.

I have read the FAQ section as well as all the other posts on this issue and havent been able to fix the problem.

Before you raise the all too frequent "junk media" argument - I use Verbatim DVD +RW as well as TDK +RW disks, and have been using them successfully for ages without any glitches.

The other night I succeeded in making a copy of an original DVD after selecting the "retry" option several times after the "Bad Media" error occurred.

Since then no luck.

My question is this - how is it possible to make copies of disks perfectly for months and all of a sudden (nothing changed except my version of ANYDVD) I am having problems?

Please help as I am frustrated beyond belief.

click http://forum.slysoft.com/announcement.php?f=20 and read fully.
Do not post in other people's threads when you are experiencing problems. Create your own instead. Thank you.

I've also been using ANYDVD and CLONEDVD for more than a year without any problems. When I upgraded to (and installed) the latest version of ANYDVD I started getting "Bad Media" errors.

That's coincidental. Anydvd does not affect burning. period.

I have read the FAQ section as well as all the other posts on this issue and havent been able to fix the problem.

And yet you haven't provided the information the FAQ explicitly states to provide.

My question is this - how is it possible to make copies of disks perfectly for months and all of a sudden (nothing changed except my version of ANYDVD) I am having problems?

A dying drive is one possibility (amongst others including dvd-rw media dying over time).

But Anydvd has no bearing on burning problems whatsoever.

1. Update to Anydvd 6.3.02: click http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=11040

2. a)Click the red fox icon on your toolbar.
b) Navigate to "Program Settings".
c) Click "enable logging".
d) Click "ok".
e) Put the problematic original disc in your optical drive/reader.
f) Go to your My Documents folder
g) You will see a zip file called "Anydvd_Info_titleofmydisc.zip"
h) When replying or posting in the Slysoft forums, look for the icon that looks like
attach.gif

i) if you don't see that icon, click the "go advanced" button. You should see that icon now. Click the paperclip.
j) a small pop-up screen should appear (if it doesn't please ensure your browser is enabled to allow pop-ups from the Slysoft forums)
k) click the "Browse" button, and locate and select the .zip file you created.
l) click "upload"

3. Update your burner's firmware (if available)
http://forum.slysoft.com/showpost.php?p=12794&postcount=10

4. What version of Clonedvd are you using.

Last edited:
Anydvd / CloneDVD still giving "Bad Media Errors"

I have just about reached the end of my patience with Slysoft. Ever since I upgraded my ANYDVD I have been getting "Bad Media Errors".

Nothing has changed except the version of ANYDVD. I am using the same Verbatim media that worked perfectly before.

When I recently installed verson 6.3.1.2. I hoped my problems were at an end. I was able to read the dvd I wanted to backup and got to about 90% of the writing when the same old error message reared its ugly head.

I used to love using Anydvd - but unless the next version works, there is no way I will be recommending this software to anyone else.

It seems to be simply too fickle.

It is not uncommon for Verbatim to have poorly stamped discs, I have some of the newly packaged ones that are horrid. It seems likely that the discs are bad, because noone else is experiencing these problems. Can you tell us a little more about your configuration and maybe post the error message you are recieving. You aren't running 2 decrypters at the same time are you? May I ask where you downloaded your version of AnyDVD?

I have just about reached the end of my patience with Slysoft. Ever since I upgraded my ANYDVD I have been getting "Bad Media Errors".

Anydvd doesn't burn--nor does it have anything to do with "media write errors".

Please do not create multiple threads about the exact same issue. click http://forum.slysoft.com/announcement.php?f=18 and read fully

This is now the second time I'm asking you for the Anydvd .zip file.

Follow these steps please:

1. Use Anydvd 6.3.1.4: click http://sandbox.slysoft.com/beta/SetupAnyDVD6314.exe

You may need to reboot after installing if prompted to do so.

2. Click the red fox icon on your toolbar. Click "default". Click "ok".

a) Ensure Anydvd is running.
b) Put the problematic original disc in your optical drive/reader. Wait for Anydvd to scan the disc.
c) Right click the red fox icon on your toolbar.
d) Select "Create Logfile"
e) Wait for Anydvd to create a log file.
f) A pop-up screen will appear. Take note of the location where Anydvd created the logfile and the logfile's name. Click "ok".
g) Go to your My Documents folder
h) You will see a zip file called "Anydvd_Info_titleofmydisc.zip" (or something similar; see step f)
i) When replying or posting in the Slysoft forums, look for the icon that looks like
attach.gif

j) If you don't see that paperclip icon, click the "go advanced" button. You should see that icon now. Click the paperclip.
k) A small pop-up screen should appear (if it doesn't please ensure your browser is enabled to allow pop-ups from the Slysoft forums)
l) Click the "Browse" button, and locate and select the .zip file you created.
m) click "upload"

Last edited:
Back