• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

CopyDVD vs. CloneDVD

Bruderhead

Sure that I've missed something terribly obvious and will feel really stupid when this is answered, but ...

I cannot see any functional difference between Copy and Clone, aside from the default settings. In my mind, "clone" means to make an EXACT copy; this would make setting and options unnecessary, but the interface allows all the same changes as in Copy.

Can somebody enlighten me, please?

thx ...

Copy DVD Titles is for people who just want to enter the interface with only the main movie title selected and all other titles de-selected. You can still select titles to be included but it is the most popular entance to the interface for people who copy the movie only (to improve the visual quality of a compressed backup) from the DVD original and compress it to single layer media.

Clone DVD is for people who want to enter the interface with all title sets pre-selected. Leave the selections as they are or de-select the ones you don't want. Most often used for people who split entire DL original DVD onto two SL media disks or burn to double layer media.

You are correct that both of the interfaces allow all the same changes. Only the pre-selections of the display are different.

Whisperer

Last edited:
Copy titles button & and ticking include menus will result in main movie & menus & chapter selection. My favourite. :)

Copy titles button & and ticking include menus will result in main movie & menus & chapter selection. My favourite. :)

Mine to James. :agree: I would like to see "preserve menus" to be the default with this option.

Back