• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Copy VHS Tapes?

try a macrovision removal device from:
www.satalogue.com/section6/page0.htm
i bought a couple of the older models (one for vhs,the other for dvd's)a couple of years ago.i bought two of each model in case they broke.you connect your video to it in one socket and the recorder to the other socket.
it works a treat with vhs tapes.
they used to doo two separate models-one work only with vhs tapes,the other one worked only with dvd's (of curse now i use clonedvd for that).
hope this helps you.

With AnyDVD running in the background, you don't need any other removal soaftware with the Plextor. Another strong point for the Plextor is that you can transfer up to 4 hours onto a single disc and I'm not referring to DLs either. The quality does not lessen , like it's been stated "what you see is what it will capture".

So far I have'nt had any problems with tigerdirect in/re rebates

With AnyDVD running in the background, you don't need any other removal soaftware with the Plextor. Another strong point for the Plextor is that you can transfer up to 4 hours onto a single disc and I'm not referring to DLs either. The quality does not lessen , like it's been stated "what you see is what it will capture".

So far I have'nt had any problems with tigerdirect in/re rebates
on my laptop i can only capture video/dvd using a USB capture device such as DVDXpressDX2 (i have a couple of others too).anydvd doesn't remove copy protection when using this sort of device because the box of tricks detects a macrovision signal before it gets to the computer and 'tells' the recording software (Ulead VideoStudio7/9SE/10) that the signal is protected and so you cant record.for me anydvd only removes protection when playing a dvd on the computer.
if i want to record a copy protected vhs i insert the device BETWEEN the video recorder and capture device.then when the signal gets to the pc copy protection has been removed.

on my laptop i can only capture video/dvd using a USB capture device such as DVDXpressDX2 (i have a couple of others too).anydvd doesn't remove copy protection when using this sort of device because the box of tricks detects a macrovision signal before it gets to the computer and 'tells' the recording software (Ulead VideoStudio7/9SE/10) that the signal is protected and so you cant record.for me anydvd only removes protection when playing a dvd on the computer.
if i want to record a copy protected vhs i insert the device BETWEEN the video recorder and capture device.then when the signal gets to the pc copy protection has been removed.[/QUOT

I'm referring only to capturing with the plextor m402u and no other piece of software.

For example, several months ago we were discussing the same macro problem on another forum, so I took the collecotors edition of the Godfater trilogoy and transferred The Godfather Part 1 with no problem with the plextor and AnyDVD running in the background and I got a perfect copy of the VHS tape. I don't know what else I can tell you

Back