• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Copy UHD with protection intact

@testiles, those copy speeds I was quoting were for copying ISO files around in the file system, as @waffles was asking if protected ISO files were different from any other type of file when it comes to copying or moving them.

Your data rates for ripping from the optical disc to an ISO file in the first place are similar to mine. I use an eSATA-connected 5-drive external box full of ASUS HL-DT-ST BD-REWH16NS40 (1.02 firmware) drives, and I'm ripping to a NAS over a gigabit network. I can get 5 simultaneous rips each running at over 20 MB/s. Every Tuesday (release day for new titles here in Canada & USA) there's a lot of data flowing across my network!

Cheers,

--michael

those copy speeds I was quoting were for copying ISO files around in the file system

Ah, thanks for the clarification.

I somehow missed that.

Your data rates for ripping from the optical disc to an ISO file in the first place are similar to mine.

Oh, ok!

... I can get 5 simultaneous rips each running at over 20 MB/s. Every Tuesday (release day for new titles here in Canada & USA) there's a lot of data flowing across my network!

:LOL:

Awesome!

Currently I can only do 3 simultaneous UHD rips - that's the number of friendly drives I have.

For Blu-Ray, I have the capability of 6 simultaneous rips max.

For DVD, 8.

But these days, my DVD purchases are almost nil. It seems almost unwatchable since I experienced UHD...

Funny 'cause I can remember seeing my first DVD play in J&R Music World in New York City back in the VHS days and being "blown-back" by the "super-rad" picture representing an uhhhh-mazing technology leap. LOL!!!

T

@testiles

Same here regarding the step-up for DVD...but I had laser-disc in-between VHS and DVD...and then D-VHS before HD-DVD and Blu-ray. I still have a laser-disc player, a D-VHS player, and a few of those combo HD-DVD/Blu-ray drives lying around somewhere...

@testiles

Same here regarding the step-up for DVD...but I had laser-disc in-between VHS and DVD...and then D-VHS before HD-DVD and Blu-ray. I still have a laser-disc player, a D-VHS player, and a few of those combo HD-DVD/Blu-ray drives lying around somewhere...

LOL! So you do know what I mean :=)

Surprisingly (because I tend to try all new tech) I never got a laser-disc player. Can't remember why now 'cause I did know from the Audio/Video mags that they had superior video for the time.

D-VHS I never heard of. Gonna have to look that one up.

My HD-DVD players are still in storage as well as a few of the discs. You know, it was only just last year that I turned off AnyDVD HD-DVD processing and that's only because my TMT player got too unreliable to be useful. I used, I believe ClownDVD (?) to convert all my HD-DVD backups to Blu-Ray -- and closed that chapter.

But perhaps I'm getting too far off-topic here.

Nice stroll down memory lane :D

T

Sorry this is new to me and I have tried doing this to the few uhd that aren’t supported yet but I open anydvd thin stick the disc in and it tries to decrypt it right away then I select rip to image after it is finished decrypting and I check the box keep protection but nothing happens this disc is not supported is what I get

here's your mistake. you need to un-check this box, not check it.

Back