Copy start/stop/freeze

Discussion in 'CloneDVD' started by eprime@ipa.net, Jun 6, 2007.

1. eprime@ipa.net

eprime@ipa.net New Member

I have a problem with every DVD I copy. Each one will freeze for about 5 or 6 seconds while the second counter continues, then the play will continue where it left off. This happens on every DVD I copy at least once and often 2 or 3 times.

Sometimes, it happens and freezes and will not continue - this only occassionally and often toward the end of the DVD.

I have upgraded DVDs to Taiyo Yuden -R 8X with the same result. I burn at 8X.

Happens on all DVD players - so it is not the player.

I use plain white DVD labels printed with title on a laser printer. I am using the latest version of both CloneDVD and AnyDVD.

I have updated the firmware in my writer to the latest version.

I am using

Suggestions?

2. mmdavis

mmdavis Well-Known Member

The TY Premium line are great discs. Their Value line is a little under that. Which are you using? If your standalone players are older, they may not like the newer media. You also did not specify what burner you have. The media is only half of the equation.

3. Webslinger

Webslinger Retired Moderator

Yes. Get rid of the labels.

Visit http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=2516 (I wrote point 5 for a reason).

4. mmdavis

mmdavis Well-Known Member

Yep, missed that. Either get printable discs (which TY makes) or use an extra fine Sharpie.