• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Copy show episodes as separate files in one batch?

Roxy

I'm using CloneBD for the first time to convert my favorite TV shows to a lower level portable format.

From what I can see CloneBD can only create one single file in a batch, containing all the selected episodes. What I want, however, is to have each episode stored in a separate file so I can select Shuffle in my media player and get to see some random episode from all the episodes I converted.

Is this possible? I wouldn't want go back and forth in CloneBD to initiate the conversion process for each single episode again and again.

Thanks for enlightening me!

That depends on how the disc is created. CloneBD has no control over that. If there's only 1 playlist with all episodes, then that's all CloneBD can create. When there's separate episode playlists you should see 2 arrows above the scene images.

I'm not sure which scene images you are referring to. Here's what I can see:

Profis 1.png
Profis 2.png

I can select each episode separately. So it looks like CloneBD recognizes them as separate entities.

(Strange observation: On the disk it looks like each of the episodes exists twice! E.g. "Titel: #1004" and "Episode #3". Is there a known reason for that?)

if there were seperate playlists (like discs with eg a theatrical and extended edition for movies) your first image would have shown < and > arrows above the scenes. As to your "double" episode i guess it could be there's an entry in the authoring for standard play and one with directors comments or something.

OK, I comprehend ...

So there currently is no way of selecting "Episode #1", "Episode #2" and "Episode #3" from my second image and have CloneBD create three separate .mpg (or .mp4/.mkv) files for each of them so each episode will get converted separately, but in a batch job?

Is there a way of suggesting this option to the dev team?

@Roxy
I have the BluRay "Die Profis" too and will test it.
I just checked with another BluRay it shows seperate files for MKV, MP4 and also for mobile devices.
MKV.JPG

Last edited:
Sure there is. Select each of the titles you want to covert from the list in your second image and CloneBD will convert each to its own file.

D'oh ... It looks like I must have misunderstood something ...

The text on the screen's tab reads: "Convert Blu-ray disk to a single file".

When I had selected the .mpg file format option I guessed that the file extension would be .mpg. But the file list showed the resulting files as .ts files, which I believed where sort of intermediate files to be merged in a second processing phase.

Profis 3.png

So the tab's text isn't quite correct then, is it?

I'm sorry for troubling you. This is my first day using it (downloaded the latest version yesterday for evaluation) and I'm not yet too confident in using it.

When I had selected the .mpg file format option I guessed that the file extension would be .mpg. But the file list showed the resulting files as .ts files, which I believed where sort of intermediate files to be merged in a second processing phase.

View attachment 30708

I'm sorry for troubling you. This is my first day using it (downloaded the latest version yesterday for evaluation) and I'm not yet too confident in using it.
Don't be afraid in testing it. It (CloneBD) is on a trial period for the moment, until they get the software stable and workable for everyone.

So, you can test it to your heart's content until you are satisfied with your results.

:)

View attachment 30708

Go back to the Kopiermethode tab and select MP4 Container instead of MPEG-2 Stream (where the .ts comes from). Then you'll get the MP4 file type.

Back