• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Copy Protection Error - Oblivion -7.3.2.0

ellisol

I get Copy Protection Error - The read failed because the sector is encrypted on Oblivion (2013). I have tried both DVD Shrink, rip Video DVD to Harddisk, and copy VOB files. Log file attached. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_7.3.2.0_Info_E_OBLIVION.ziplog
    102.8 KB · Views: 10
Code:
Summary for drive E: (AnyDVD HD 7.3.2.0, BDPHash.bin 13-08-02)
ASUS BC-12B1ST 1.02 2012/04/30 15:08
Drive (Hardware) Region: 1

Current profile: DVD-ROM
Media is a DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 2 (opposite)
Size of first Layer: 1836192 sectors (3586 MBytes)
Total size: 3388153 sectors (6617 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: OBLIVION
Media is CSS protected!
Media is locked to region(s): 1!
Video Standard: NTSC

[B][COLOR="#FF0000"][I]AI scan forced, heuristic scan detected no protection![/I][/COLOR][/B]
Using online database!
Found & removed structural copy protection!
Found & removed invalid cell pieces!
Found & removed bogus title set(s)!
RCE protection not found.
UDF filesystem patched!
Autorun not found on Video DVD.
Removed CSS copy protection!
Found & removed 11 potential bad sector protections!
Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 1!

I have already copied OBlivion (R2) with an older version of AnyDVD a few days ago , so my proposal is to disable AI scan, and try again, because AI scan sometimes finds more "errors", because does a deeper scan on the disk .But someone with bigger experience than me, can tell if this is a new protection

Anyway if you want to use DVDShrink to compress a dvd, you must first rip the dvd to harddisk with AnyDVD folder ripper or with CloneDVD2 and then use the DVDshrink because DVDShrink hasn't the ability to do an on-fly decription like AnyDVD ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
That AI scanner line means exactly "zilch". The AI scanner is always forced on during the creation of a logfile.

There are no visible read errors on the disc, decryption went just fine using the online database.

"you get a copy protection error", what is the EXACT message you get. What program gives the message, what are you trying to do, how are you trying to do it and with what.

@misgouts:

Anyway if you want to use DVDShrink to compress a dvd, you must first rip the dvd to harddisk with AnyDVD folder ripper

That's only valid if the disc contains structural protection, if it doesn't you do NOT need to rip to folder first. If the disc does NOT have stuctural protection you can process the disc on-the-fly just fine.

More info - Actual error messages

When I use AnyDVD "Rip DVD to Harddisk...." it starts ripping and after 15~20% I get the following error:

FileO 3VTS_4_1.VOB 3643740160 419840

-----------------------
If I use DVDShrink it starts to analyze the DVD and then gives the error:

DVD Shrink Encountered an error and cannot continue. Failed to read file "E:\"
Copy Protection Error - The Sector is Encrypted
------------------------
If I use Windows Explorer and just try to copy the Movie VOB files I get:
Copy Protection Error - The Sector is Encrypted

Thanks in advance for you help

With a FileIO 3 error chances are you have either a defective/damaged disc or a dirty/dying drive.

Only a dev can say for sure.

When I use AnyDVD "Rip DVD to Harddisk...." it starts ripping and after 15~20% I get the following error:

FileO 3VTS_4_1.VOB 3643740160 419840

This looks like your disc and / or drive is dirty and / or defective.
As a last resort you can try to set AI scanner to "always enabled".

Bad drive

You guys were right on! I replaced the drive and successfully ripped it to my HD. The "copy protection" error was throwing me off.

Thanks so much!

Back