Copy DVD without Commentary

Discussion in 'CloneDVD' started by kerrso05, Oct 5, 2007.

1. kerrso05

kerrso05 New Member

Can anyone help....please

I have tried to copy "The Lake House" (with Keanu Reeves and Sandra Bullock) but unfortunately every time I copy it onto DVD it plays back with Commentary throughout the film (as if I was Blind.....which I am not).
    I have ruined a number of blank DVDs in trying to copy this DVD. This doesn't happen on other copies that I make of other DVD Films although I do remember it happened one other time........and I don't how I resolved that situation.
    I have the latest version of CloneDVD and AnyDVD. I suspect that I am doing something wrong and the problem lies with me and not the software but at a loss to know what I am doing wrong!!!
    Can someone help???

Thanks

Harry :doh:

2. Webslinger

Webslinger Retired Moderator

Are you talking about subtitles? Either turn then off with your dvd players' remote control--or choose to preserve main menus in Clonedvd. Of course, if you're blind you can't read the subtitles, so maybe I'm guessing wrong . . .

So are you talking about Director Commentary?

from Frequently Asked Questions (READ BEFORE YOU POST)

Why am I only getting Director's comments or having other audio related issues with my backup? (click the link, and read fully please)

Last edited: Oct 5, 2007
  3. kerrso05

kerrso05 New Member

Sorry I meant Directors Comments and not Subtitles. and yes I didn't see that answer in FAQ.......I must be blind.

Thanks for your help and your very quick response. I will try your solution and see if that turns off the Directors Comments

Thanks again

Harry

PS Yes this is just a back up copy

4. kerrso05

kerrso05 New Member

Webslinger........Thanks a lot......it worked a treat :)

As I thought at the start, it was me that was at fault and not the software. CloneDVD and AnyDVD are the business :agree:

Thanks for being so helpful

Harry

5. Webslinger

Webslinger Retired Moderator

Glad to help! :agree:

Take care,

Webslinger