• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Copy DVD to MPEG?

morajodk

Hi,

I've paid a company to transfer all my old 8mm film to DVD.

Now I want to edit this in Adobe Premiere 2. But I need to convert the DVD to MPEG.

Is it possible using CloneDVDMobile to convert to a format (like MPEG), that Premiere 2 will read?

Thanks a million!!

Mojo

Aren't the VOB files on a DVD already basically MPEG-2 format? When transferring some of my grandfather's old VHS home videos to DVD, I used a DVD recorder (TV based) to digitize the tapes initially. Then I just ripped those DVDs to the computer using DVDShrink, and renamed the VOB files to *.mpg or *.mpeg.

Just do passthrough to create one big VOB and rename it to .mpg...then you should be able to open it with Premiere. (No, VOB is not EXACTLY the same as an mpeg file but you SHOULD be able to do this)

Back