Copy a cd with drilled holes

Discussion in 'CloneCD' started by rjgpit, Mar 20, 2007.

1. rjgpit

rjgpit New Member

Copy a cd with 2 drilled holes

Is it possible to make back up copies of a data cd with 2 small drilled holes in the original disk? If so how?

Many thanks,
    Ron

Last edited: Mar 20, 2007
  2. G-Omaha

G-Omaha Well-Known Member

CDRecovery Tool might be worth a try; however there will be data missing in the "Holes". I'm not sure if the CD would even mount - depends on where thehols are I guess. You might need to "Cover up the holes". Never tried anything like that. Let us know how it turns out.

3. evlncrn8

evlncrn8 Well-Known Member

are the holes some protection thing, or did you have an accident with the disk, a drill and the cd? ;)

4. rjgpit

rjgpit New Member

The 2 holes seem to be part of the copy protection scheme. They are prox 1/4" from the lead-in (closest to the hub), prox 1/8" apart, and 1/16" in diameter. Also they do not go all of the way through the disk.

The software that I am trying to back up is Native Instruments "Battery".

Ron

5. Clams

Clams Well-Known Member

I was wondering the exact same thing, I was just looking for a creative way to phrase it. You did it. :D

And I thought Sony was bad? Now we have companies drilling holes in CD's?
    WTF are they gonna do next? Come out with a square CD??

-W (I saw that disturbing commercial with the square "fish patty" fishes.)

6. DrinkLyeAndDie

DrinkLyeAndDie Retired Moderator

To be honest, I would be concerned about playing a CD with holes in it in any player I have let alone my computer. Weight distribution gets thrown off with holes let alone air flow. If a disc was sold that way I'd return it but I have a feeling it wasn't originally made that way...

PS: Um, have you ever seen some of the odd shapes they had for mini-CDs? They definitely were not round! ;)

7. Webslinger

Webslinger Retired Moderator

I agree completely. :agree: