• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Copy a Blue Ray to HDD, ANY! folder, different files, which version is better?

Gralf Klein

Hi,

I wanted to copy a Blue Ray to my HDD and did it in two different ways:

1) I simply marked all files in the Windows Explorer and copied them to my HDD.
2) I did it with "rip to Harddisk" with Any DVD HD.

Now I compared the two versions. Nearly all files are equal except 12 mts files which have
a few differences.

Version 1 contains an additional folder Any! with 19 additional files.
Both versions can be played with VLC without problems and WITHOUT Any DVD HD being installed.
Even if I delete the Any! Folder, it still works.

I attached a screenshot from TotalCommander

My questions: What is the difference, which version is the better one to be kept?

Thanks in advance for any answer!

Gralf

Attachments

• Unbenannt.jpg
    Unbenannt.jpg
    127.6 KB · Views: 19
Neither. The recommended method to rip a bluray is to ISO. not folder structure. As to the ANY! folder, that's the decrypted AACS folder.

Checking your image, if you'll look at the sizes for the files you claim to be different...they're not. Identical file sizes.

Neither. The recommended method to rip a bluray is to ISO. not folder structure. As to the ANY! folder, that's the decrypted AACS folder.
I agree if you want a clean good BD backup go ISO or use CloneBD to make a 1:1 or shrink from 50 to 25 BD media. What the OP is doing is asking for more trouble then it is worth.

Back