• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Copied movies freezing

DoctorSatan_84

Hello, i'm newer to the world of copying. I'm having problems with my Clonedvd copied movies. The movies get successfully burnt to the blank dvd media but for some reason they tend to skip and then eventually freeze up, they do this on a PS3, my home dvd player and my laptop.They generally play pretty good until they hit that freezing spot and then it doesn't finish the movie. My burn speed is always set at 8x. I used image burn for awhile before I bought Clonedvd and I never had this problem, it's very annoying and nerving. If have any ideas please feel more than welcome to reply. Thank you & have a good one

It sounds like problems with your blank media, probably from being a cheap brand. What brand are you using?

I got Sony Dvd+Rs. I read on here that Verbatim is a good brand. What would u reccommend? Also thank u for replying man.

I had the same problem - also burned at default - Highest speed.

I changed the burn speed to 2-4X and haven't had a burned disc skip or freeze up since. The slower burn speed still completes a burn quickly enough - usually less than 20 minutes.

Slow is always better

A successful burn and a copy with playing problems is never a burning software issue. It may even be the blanks you use not working in all players and blank quality can vary from stack to stack..
Typically, a copy plays great in one player but not another. There are scenarios where the burn is successful but the disc is blank!

This is always an environmental issue.

1. Your burner has taken a dislike to the blanks you are using,
2. Its efficiency has degraded
3. you burned at too high a speed for 1 and/or 2
4. In some rare occasions an anti-virus product may interfere
5. Under some circumstances the burner does not write a thing but tells Windows it did!

Try setting the "preferred speed" on the output method panel to 4x if this is with CloneDVD. That usually will work.

For other products look to see how to lower the burning speed.
In any event, to ensure playability it's better to burn slower, 4x is ideal and allows a better burn.

"There are scenarios where the burn is successful but the disc is blank!"

I've had cases where the burn was successful and the dvd played fine from the burner that made it and played fine on both a home blu ray & dvd player but the dvd appeared as a "ready to burn blank" when put in a different brand burner.

For the heck of it I tried to burn on it again assuming it would be a waste of time.

It was a waste of time as all that happened was an error message appeared.

I forget what the error message was but the cause was likely the cheap dvd-r media I had burned to - a brand that cost me $9.00 for 100 discs.

Thank u very much guys I greatly appreciate all the info. Im gonna lower the burning speed and buy some better blank discs. What type of blank Verbatims should I buy?

Verbatim Datalife Plus +R is one good way to go, comes in single and double sided blanks.

Can i buy those at Best Buy or some place like that or is it something i have to order o online? Thanks for all the info guys.

Blank Media brands, Sony, Verbatim & format types-Dr.'s playback failing...

I got Sony Dvd+Rs. I read on here that Verbatim is a good brand. What would u reccommend? Also thank u for replying man.

Dr. S,

I've burned literally hundreds of backups on Sony brand DVD media w/o issue in relation to the media.
Additionally, I was always told to use the DVD-R, rather than +R media, because players will frequently have issue w/ or will not be able to play back movies that are backed up on DVD+R media.

I have another comment in regards to the stopping of a movie midway during playback - and, yes, I have had this problem in the past, too, but the solution had nothing to do with media and I will respond with detail to this issue in a 2nd response on this same thread but will "quote" and different respondent to your initial question - give me a short while to post this other response, Doc, for it may actually help you make some urgent repairs in time before you have a major puter harddrive disaster.
lmc
Oh, ps Doc, I've also packed up my other, remaining hundreds of movies using Verbatim DVD-R and Philips DVD-R, too - and the media was fine. I will say that the one of the brands, Philips (it was possibly and most likely a back-up on JVC disc media - JVC brand which was a gift since I've never purchased JVC blank discs - BUT, Philips is noticably thinner, too), if I recall correctly, seemed to be slightly thinner and less durable - physically, that is - it seems to lack a thin, bottom layer of plastic on the bottom/burn side of the disc. Again, if I recall correctly, this is the brand that I actually had a backed up cd that slipped out of my auto-visor cd holder when I placed it in my trunk while traveling and then something that was heavier cracked (what seemed to be the one layer of plastic which was the top side and the side that I had written the title on) and the bottom/burned side actually flaked right off since there was either no thin layer of plastic cover the burned side or it was so thin that it cracked off and popped off of the thin layer of the silver colored burned layer. This resulted in my having to pick up numerous sizes of thin, silver flake and very thin covering plastic that scattered freely throughout my trunk and under and btwn pieces of luggage.

The interesting thing though, Doc, I had several other burned/backed up discs that slid out of my visor holder that was also in mytrunk at the same time. too - but, even though they went through the same and exact types of stress, flexing/bending and shuffling btwn and under the same luggage, they suffered scratching - some of which was sever enough to render the backed-up music on the media unplayable - NONE of the discs actually broke nor did the burnable silvery layer flake off of any of these other brands. It was just the brand that was a gift copy and now that I am detailling this info to you I am fairly certain that it was NOT Philips media (although Philips media is actually noticably thinner than Sony and Verbatim (the 2 other brands that I use). I ONLY use these 3 brands of blank media, also, Doc - Sony, Verbatim (the original type of Verbatim 100 count spindles (usually) with the orange and navy blue packaging and Philips -also remember that I use ONLY the " -R" type of recordable blank media discs, too, for both CD and DVD blank media.

Check reply that is forthcoming about the staggering and then stopping that occurs when playing a backup copy, too, Doc. I had this problem with the same symptoms - I will be quoting a person that is listed as a group or Slysoft Forum moderator (I believe that this was his title)....
lmc

Back