• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Copied DVDs "freezing" up when playing back

geewhiz

I just purchased Clone DVD and Any DVD. I've successfully copied a few DVD movies, but when playing them back on my DVD player, some of them will freeze up in the middle of playing the movie. They were copied on Verbatim DVD-Rs.

Would appreciate any suggestions on what the problem is and how to fix!! Thanks.

I just purchased Clone DVD and Any DVD. I've successfully copied a few DVD movies, but when playing them back on my DVD player, some of them will freeze up in the middle of playing the movie. They were copied on Verbatim DVD-Rs.

Would appreciate any suggestions on what the problem is and how to fix!! Thanks.

What is rating of the Verbatim discs you are using and what is the burn speed setting set to in CloneDVD?

Verbatim up to 16X and speed was the default, set to maximum

Additional information: 4.7 GB, 120 min video.

Last edited:
Verbatim up to 16X and speed was the default, set to maximum

Additional information: 4.7 GB, 120 min video.

I believe your problem is the burn speed with CloneDVD and not AnyDVD.

If you have a DVD burner that is rated for burning at 16x or higher I would recommend that you try burning at 12x maximum but I'd say it would be better to try 8x. The freezing could be caused by your burn speed being too fast.

Sometimes you might not have a problem burning at maximum and other times the results might be bad. The time saved between 8x, 12x, and 16x isn't worth a bad burn, IMHO.

Last edited:
Thank you. I"m not sure what the burn rating is of our DVD burner, but I will try your suggestions. Much appreciated.

Back