• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Converting to MKV with DTS(HD/MA)

Jaoasun

I'm thinking of getting a licence for CloneBD and am now testing the trial.

Is there a possibility to converts BD's to MKV while choosing DTS (and DTS-HD/DTS-MA) as sound quality? I can only find AAC and AC-3 as sound options, but perhaps I have overlooked the DTS options...

Anyone know if DTS is an option for CloneBD already, or if it's on the list of being implemented soon?

I'm thinking of getting a licence for CloneBD and am now testing the trial.

Is there a possibility to converts BD's to MKV while choosing DTS (and DTS-HD/DTS-MA) as sound quality? I can only find AAC and AC-3 as sound options, but perhaps I have overlooked the DTS options...

Anyone know if DTS is an option for CloneBD already, or if it's on the list of being implemented soon?
It can only convert it, if the movie has that audio stream as an option. There are movies that do not have the same audio options. I would assume that if the option is on the disc than the option to convert using it would be included in CloneBD.

I have been testing it some more, and you can choose the 5.1 option in both AC-3 and AAC settings, and even choose the audio stream which you want to use. But, the DTS (HD/Master) audio stream will be converted to AC-3 or MPEG AAC Audio (3F2R/LFE). The original DTS (HD/Master) track is lost.

I also noticed the subtitles are not being converted to the MKV as well, they do not show on both the VLC player as my XBMC HTPC.

This is not what I'm looking for. I was hoping CloneBD would be a able to retain the original audio stream and subtitles converting BD to MKV, but it's not able in the current version. I do hope this will be implemented in future versions though.

The poor support for MKVs is the primary reason I won't be purchasing this. I'm surprised given the long gestation period for CloneBD that it was released lacking what seems to me quite basic functionality. I ended up wondering whether Slyce as a project was dropped and instead its UI was grafted onto a project developed by Elby. It feels rushed. Hopefully over the coming months we'll see some improvements here, I've been pleased with previous purchases from Slysoft but until I can see something that has pass through audio and some level of support for forced subtitles I won't be pulling the trigger on this.

I have been testing it some more, and you can choose the 5.1 option in both AC-3 and AAC settings, and even choose the audio stream which you want to use. But, the DTS (HD/Master) audio stream will be converted to AC-3 or MPEG AAC Audio (3F2R/LFE). The original DTS (HD/Master) track is lost.

I also noticed the subtitles are not being converted to the MKV as well, they do not show on both the VLC player as my XBMC HTPC.

This is not what I'm looking for. I was hoping CloneBD would be a able to retain the original audio stream and subtitles converting BD to MKV, but it's not able in the current version. I do hope this will be implemented in future versions though.

What I am going to do is letting CloneBD create the BD structure with only the video files that I want. In the DTS-HD case, CloneBD allows you to leave the sound track untouched or filter the core only (Used for dvds). CloneBD makes it easier to pick wanted subtitles tracks, which for other tools show up as "unknown". When I have the files I want, I just let Handbrake do the rest. Handbrake has managed to add subtitles to movies (mkv) where CloneBD has failed, but I'll guess it is just a matter of time before it is fixed.

Back