• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Converting .m4v to .mp4 to play on my Droid phone

laforge27

I have some .m4v files saved on my desktop that I want to be able to watch on my Droid phone. I downloaded HandBrake with the intention of converting the .m4v into .mp4 format which my Droid phone can play. When pointing HandBrake to the source file to convert on my computer (the saved .m4v), HandBrake comes back with "No Valid Source Found". I was under the impression HandBrake could convert .m4v into .mp4. Was I mistaken?

Im new here so correct me if Im wrong of course but I thought m4v is the same compression as mp4 so I would think you just rename the extension. Handbrake also does mkv as well btw, which I remember to be different.

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk

Thanks

Thanks for responding. Found out I'm having issues because the format of the files is DRMI which is only compatible with Apple products. Gonna have to buy an old, used iPod Touch to put them on!

in my opinion you should dowload software to convert m4v to mp4

convert m4v

I have some .m4v files saved on my desktop that I want to be able to watch on my Droid phone. I downloaded HandBrake with the intention of converting the .m4v into .mp4 format which my Droid phone can play. When pointing HandBrake to the source file to convert on my computer (the saved .m4v), HandBrake comes back with "No Valid Source Found". I was under the impression HandBrake could convert .m4v into .mp4. Was I mistaken?
You can get helps from some video converters like Handbrake, Format Factory, Adoreshare M4V Converter, which can convert m4v to mp4, especially the last one, it is designed for converting m4v to mp4.
I suggest you can try all of them and choose a better one

nice way to convert

I also feel good that it is a nice way to convert mp4v to .mp4 on droid phone.Even i think everybody who come to visit here and read it and get the idea will be also happy to read this.Nice to be here on your forum page and thanks for sharing this interesting information here.

*.m4v is just another valid naming for *.mp4 container. So if the files are not DRM protected and the encoding (for example h.264) is supported by your end device you just can rename every *.m4v to *.mp4 and vice versa without any reconverting necessary.

If - as stated above - the files are DRM locked, you can try to remove the DRM (for example have a google for TunesKit if its iTunes DRM). If the file encoding is not supported by your end device, you have to re-encode them to another codec (for example using Handbrake und h.264 as target format should help for most devices).

Back