• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Converting HD DVD to Blu-ray (or MKV)?

SLKabaker

Ten years ago HD DVD ceded to Blu-ray. Unfortunately, there are still Movies and even a Season of Smallville (among other content) that have not been re-released on Blu-ray. I worry that one day my HD DVD player will fail for one reason or another and I will not be able to watch certain content in HD (or at least HD Quality that comes from local media as opposed to streaming). Is there any hope that Clone BD might ever support extracting the Video and Audio Content from HD DVD and enabling it to be played on a Blu-ray Player or at the very least convert it to MKV? If not CloneBD, would there ever be another piece of software that Elby or RedFox would consider?

I think makemkv can do hd-dvd and there's something that can do HD to BD too.

Sent from my Nexus 6P with Tapatalk

As fleika noted: ClownBD.

A little homework is required. Do a web search for converting HD-DVD to Blu-ray with ClownBD.

@fleika and @DrinkLyeAndDie Thank you for responding. However, I am familiar with ClownBD. Last I checked, it is really just a "front end" for eac3to, tsMuxeR and ImgBurn. I am able to do a lot more by using those apps directly. ClownBD and those other apps cannot create a menu or combine the extras (as far as I know) on to one disc. I do not need fancy menus; but, just a basic navigational menu would be nice and the ability to watch featurettes, deleted/extended scenes, etc. I have extracted the feature film, converted the subtitles from DVD to PGS and created a playable Blu-ray; one that just starts and has none of the extras the HD DVD did. Plus, it is a tedious process. I was hoping for something more streamline and capable of creating a basic menu like CloneBD can. Again, thank you for trying to help. I am just looking for something more; or, a resource (which I have searched for) that would enable me to combine the feature film with the extras and an ability to navigate it.

@fleika and @DrinkLyeAndDie Thank you for responding. However, I am familiar with ClownBD. Last I checked, it is really just a "front end" for eac3to, tsMuxeR and ImgBurn. I am able to do a lot more by using those apps directly. ClownBD and those other apps cannot create a menu or combine the extras (as far as I know) on to one disc. I do not need fancy menus; but, just a basic navigational menu would be nice and the ability to watch featurettes, deleted/extended scenes, etc. I have extracted the feature film, converted the subtitles from DVD to PGS and created a playable Blu-ray; one that just starts and has none of the extras the HD DVD did. Plus, it is a tedious process. I was hoping for something more streamline and capable of creating a basic menu like CloneBD can. Again, thank you for trying to help. I am just looking for something more; or, a resource (which I have searched for) that would enable me to combine the feature film with the extras and an ability to navigate it.

Did you try VSO ConvertXtoHD?

Try MULTI AVCHD , it can read the complete HDDVD , it uses the same apps as clownbd , it allows you to configure more or less simple menues.

Back