• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Converting Bluray To DVD

dan001

Hi,

This may be the wrong forum for this question so please let me know if so and I will move it.

I am a long time happy user of Slysoft apps to do simple things like rip DVDs to disk and sometimes convert to mobile formats, but recently I have had a need to rip a few blurays (they were going cheap!) and I wanted to store them in a DVD/VIDEO_TS format to be consistent with the rest of my stuff (also they are huge files and I am not so bothered about having the backup rip at original quality as I have a fairly decent upscaling dvd player).

I know there are hundreds of ways of skinning this particular cat (google has been my friend all morning on this ;-) with most free methods being multi-step and a bit complex, but I was wondering if there was a clonedvd equivalent from slysoft for blurays e.g. so I could mount in virtual clone drive then convert to dvd format (keeping menus, navigation etc). I tried using clonedvd itself but it didn't recognise the bluray.

Can anyone help?

Cheers
Dan

SlySoft does not have a CloneDVD equivalent for Blu-ray yet. Its BD converter, Slyce, is still in testing; no release date has been announced (they've already missed a few), but it should be sometime in 2014. There's two threads about it in the High Definition Software forum -- one for the program itself, the other for "release date whining". :p (Edit: There's also several threads in that forum for the plentiful free solutions out there.)

BD-Rebuilder has that capability though in limited form. It can convert the MAIN MOVIE ONLY to a valid dvd structure. The limited from comes into play as it cannot keep the menu but can possibly create it's own in a limited form.

Thanks guys! I'll give BD Rebuilder a try but will definitely be eagerly awaiting Slyce with everyone else :)

Back