• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Converting an original BD 50Gb movie (decripted by AnyDVD HD) to BD 25Gb not working

hr_muadib

Hello to ALL.

I'm using the latest version of CloneBD and tried to convert a movie (Lucy) from BD 50Gb original version to BD 25Gb but it did not work.
The process starts, it goes till the end (100%) but the BD structure writen on disk (on the HDD drive) is not the correct one. I burned this BD structure into a BD-RE 25Gb disk but it was identified by my BD player as a BD Data disk. Very strange.

I also tried to do this conversion by creating a ISO file, in this case the process sometimes do not reach 100% and the ISO file is NEVER writen on the HDD.
In other attempt i also disabled the DXVA vídeo hardware accelaration prior to start this process of conversion, without any good results.

So, after my many attemps it did not work at all...

My system is Windows 8.1
Intel Core i7 with 16Gb of RAM

I already contacted Elby support (online) but got no answer til now.
Any help and support here is appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

Hi hr_muadib,

SlySoft support is kind of busy these days and they might not resolve your problem, only the developers can help in a case like that.

Please follow these steps:
  • Re-start the transcoding process in same way you described below
  • When CloneBD says "Your copy was created succesfully" press and hold down the ALT key*
  • Two buttons will pop up while holding down the ALT key
  • Click "Send log file via email to bugs@elby.ch"
  • Explain what you did and what's wrong and send email
Don't expect any answer, just stay tuned for next updates.

Thanks
Tom

* Hidden hotkey:
If CloneBD finishes transcoding succesfully, there will be no button "Send log file ...".
However, should you want to send a bug report or save the log file, just hold down the
Alt key and 2 additional buttons will appear.

CloneBD conversion 50Gb to 25Gb and Hidden hotkey

Hello Tom, thank you for the feedback and fast reply.

I Will do as you say in order to help the team of developers for CloneBD. The "Hidden hotkey" is a BIG plus to report the logs.
I Will also test other BluRay movie titles i own in order to check if this happens with new ones only or if it happens with older ones.

And, if the developers need or want, on Elby or Slysoft side, i can do some Beta testing for CloneBD, no problem with that, in order to check IF corrections address or not the error.

Best regards.

CloneBD V1.0.2.3 - Impressive!

Hello,
just to post here at the Forum that the latest version of CloneDB v1.0.2.3, regarding compression of an entire BluRay movie disc, from BD50 to BD25 is really impressive!
Why?
I was able to process Lucy and Horns to ISO without any glitch, the output is VERY, VERY good. It took almost 4 hours each but the final result... ALL the BD structure of the original BluRay disc movie, and a final ISO file up to 25Gb disc space requirement.

Regarding quality, it's almost the same as the original, i say almost because there is a difference of course, compression is there! But VERY acceptable.

Congratulations to the development team! Regarding this specific feature, i'm impressed.

Compression to bd25 for x264 isn't really a big thing. The real magic happens when you try to compress to single/double layer DVD !!! size. That's compressing to only 4.35 or 8.5gb!!! Of course with such a compression there is SOME detail loss, but negligible and still very watchable on 40" flatscreen

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 7 met Tapatalk

Compression to bd25 for x264 isn't really a big thing. The real magic happens when you try to compress to single/double layer DVD !!! size. That's compressing to only 4.35 or 8.5gb!!! Of course with such a compression there is SOME detail loss, but negligible and still very watchable on 40" flatscreen

But wait.... Will CloneBD also convert to DVD AND at the same time keep ALL the menus and structure of the original BluRay? That would be really "magic" indeed! :)

Yup, but it will still be a bluray structure. Such disc types are called BD5/9. Not all players support them. AFAIK CloneBD is/will be capable of doing movie-only output to DVD structure as well. Note: I said movie only, which means loss of menu and conversion to vob/ifo/bup files. Without going into too much details, you can't convert the bd menu structure into a DVD structure.

Back