• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

convert to stream over PS3

Charlie

I too have been on a mission to convert all my DVD Collection over to a format to play on the PS3. I have read all the posts here in this section and only one works but I hate the file size. When I try to use either PS3 formats in clone dvd mobile it works and all but on the PS3 it says unsupported format or it says this type can not be played. I am streaming from the PC to the PS3 as well. I did find that generic DivX works when I use the (NTSC) setting but I am wanting to make the video 1 gig or less to help save on space.

If file size is the main issue you can play mp4 files made for the PSP on the PS3. I just made "The Happening" using the PSP AVC/H264 FW >3.30 profile and the file size is 544MB. Plays fine on the PS3, quality is about what you might expect at half a gig, but really not all that bad. I use the 720x480 profile one pass.

But I stream from the PC will this be an issue?

I don't know for sure Charlie? If you can stream mp4 files I would think so?

I have Nero8, I can try for you if you want me to.

Ah I'll try the PSP format and see thanks.

I just tried and it only played a few seconds of the opening then tells me the content cannot be played? It might not work for you then again I might have messed something up setting up the server?

I am not running a server but running Vista Ultimate 64 bit that can act as a server. The WMV/WMA it plays on the PC just fine but not able to stream to the PS3 through the PC.

I'd bet it will stream, mine does but quits at various spots due to a DNS error. I have too many devices on my network with the same IP address?

How many as I have 4 on my router which consist of a printer, PS3, & 2 PC's.

2 PCs, 1 laptop and the PS3 but the PS3 has the same IP address as one of the computers and I guess that's a problem. One I'm not sure how to fix.

BTW Charlie if you haven't updated the firmware to 2.5 yet, you might want to. It gives you scene selections now based on time intervals that you select from 15 seconds up to 5 minutes along with a video thumbnail of each. It also now plays videos sequentially from the hard drive or a USB drive. Nice with kids, just drop 3 or 4 movies on the USB drive, start it and forget it.

Thanks for the update on the firmware. I am running 4.43 I believe right now and the PS3 format didn't work either. I used the same as you did.

Thanks for the update on the firmware. I am running 4.43 I believe right now and the PS3 format didn't work either. I used the same as you did.

Do you mean they would not stream? I know they work from a drive, been watching all day. And they try to stream until my network craps out. Are you using the latest beta 1.5.0.2?

Yes on the beta and streaming. I don't use a portable drive.

Thanks, as soon as my movie I am watching is over I'll update my system. I googled for playstation 3 2.5 firmware download and got it from the PS site.

Upgraded the firmware didn't help. I'll do some more testing this week and post some findings etc...

Back