• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Convert to blu-ray disc question

Rob Valentino

Does anyone know why when Convert to Bluray Disc is checked, the max resulting size is 37GB (40mbps) when I select 50GB disc as a destination? Shouldn't I be able to max this to closer to 50GB?

Attachments

• 20230124_122944.jpg
    20230124_122944.jpg
    232.4 KB · Views: 23
Because the resolution for each picture is 4x smaller. (1920 x 1080 vs. 3840 x 2160). So the file should be 4x smaller considering the same codec H265. But the codec for Bluray is H264 and is less efficient which makes the file bigger compared to the math I just provided.

It's StarTrek VI which is a BD66. Converting it to BD will result in the 37GB as shown in the picture of the first post. There's nothing wrong with it.

My biggest BD100 is 95GB. When I check BD50 for converting the result is 48GB, when I check BD100 it increases to 49,1 GB. So pretty much 50%. You can check the AnyDVD status for the original size of your 4k movie.

Does anyone know why when Convert to Bluray Disc is checked, the max resulting size is 37GB (40mbps) when I select 50GB disc as a destination? Shouldn't I be able to max this to closer to 50GB?
Can't you move the slider in the screenshot to the right? That should increase the size...

Blu-ray (level 4.1) has a maximum video bitrate of 40 mbps.
Code:
https://www.mediacollege.com/video/format/dvd/blu-ray.html
You can select 100GB but for the disc to be spec compliant it must have max of 40 mbps.
This is for BD

Blu-ray (level 4.1) has a maximum video bitrate of 40 mbps.
Code:
https://www.mediacollege.com/video/format/dvd/blu-ray.html
You can select 100GB but for the disc to be spec compliant it must have max of 40 mbps.
This is for BD
Thanks! That's exactly what CBD does when I maximize the file size for converting to BD. It converts to 40mbps.

Back