• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Convert for a device or into a file

Clarity3

I have a couple of questions about ‘Convert for a device or into a file’.

I have set the device to ‘Samsung Tab S 10.5’ and see it shows the ‘Profile’ android-gingerbread. I believe Android 4.4 is KitKat.

Is this just a typo?

When converting for this device and leaving the settings at native with a file size of 2.5 – 3.0GB (suitable for the device without swallowing memory) the pointer on the slider bar is in the red section. This gives the impression there will be an inferior result. Looking at the output on the Tab S shows a very reasonable result.

Perhaps there needs to be another form of graduation when in this mode.

Settings for Android may not differ that much between operating system versions. Playback is more dependent on hardware and the player you use, so they may not get around to correcting this small typo/error. Plus they are busier than a one-legged man stomping out brush fires at the moment with this first release of the program.

If the output is acceptable to you at 2.5-3gb, I don't see a problem here. They are telling you that the output will be much better with larger file sizes, but you might not be able to discern that particularly well on a small screen.

Yes, I agree with you, but if you are new to transcoding it could be misleading to get a graphical image indicating poor results. Given time this might be a consideration for Elby.

Back