• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Constant Virus

conman

Am I the only one who gets a virus each time I download the current version of AnyDVD? I swear to god, my anti-virus goes nuts every time I download the upgrade from SlySoft. I so love this program (AnyDVD) that I'm hoping there is another explanation for this.

Make sure you download it from Slysoft. What Anti-Virus are you using? Try submitting a report to them outlining that it could be a false positive with a link to the file.

Something is definitely not right with your anti-virus program. SlySoft wouldn't put out an update with a virus on it. I have had this program for over 2 years now and never had a problem with updates.

I'll also state that slysoft doesn't put out any software with a virus on it. The only way this would most likely make your antivirus go nuts is if you use a crack or patch.

Some anti-virus softwares will show this message:
RgDrvls.exe
[DETECTION] Is the Trojan horse TR/Dldr.Bafis.2

It is a false alarm.
Ignore it or try another AV program.

Hey ConMan
Buy your software from slysoft.com [100% Virus Free]
Help support and buy your software & stop downloading from torrents....

Hey ConMan
Buy your software from slysoft.com [100% Virus Free]
Help support and buy your software & stop downloading from torrents....

I agree, look at his name.. Purchase it legally because it is worth every penny.

It's probably safe to say that if you didn't download Anydvd from Slysoft's website, you should. And if your antivirus program is detecting a virus from that download, there's a 99.9% likelyhood that your antivirus program detected a virus incorrectly.

For You Doubters

For those of you who have jumped to a (wrong) conclusion based off my username, I would like to point out that I have purchased every SlySoft product that I use, and I purchased it directly from SlySoft.
As for the virus, it has quit occuring. I can't explain why it ever did, but the timing of appearance was always after I downloaded the current version of AnyDVD. Unlike others who are quick to jump to the wrong conclusion, I never once suspected that SlySoft was knowingly pushing out a virus. They wouldn't make any money if they were, i.e. bad business decision. I have nothing but good to say about the products and the support they offer.

I too have a fully registered AND FULLY PAID for version of anydvd that I got directlyl from slysoft years ago. After one of the updates from AVG, it recognized RgDrvls.exe as a trojan and moved it to the virus vault. AnyDVD still works the same though.

The file, RgDrvls.exe, does serve a valid purpose is not a virus. People receiving warnings should contact their AV vendor and submit the file for analysis. AnyDVD doesn't contain a virus when obtained from Slysoft's servers and the fault for the constant detections lies squarely on the shoulders of the AV companies reporting this as a virus.

The file, RgDrvls.exe, does serve a valid purpose is not a virus. People receiving warnings should contact their AV vendor and submit the file for analysis. AnyDVD doesn't contain a virus when obtained from Slysoft's servers and the fault for the constant detections lies squarely on the shoulders of the AV companies reporting this as a virus.

Just for info, this file is no longer installed / needed for a long time.

As for the virus, it has quit occuring. I can't explain why it ever did, but the timing of appearance was always after I downloaded the current version of AnyDVD.

AnyDVD updates so often that everything that happens seems to coincide with an update. :D

It quit occuring because you came in here and took a real beating, so now the Computer Gods feel sorry for you. :D

-W

I too have a fully registered AND FULLY PAID for version of anydvd that I got directlyl from slysoft years ago. After one of the updates from AVG, it recognized RgDrvls.exe as a trojan and moved it to the virus vault. AnyDVD still works the same though.

Why did you feel the need to bump this two year old thread?

does it matter?

anyway,james provided some useful info that wasn't even known by moderator D.L.A.D.
so at least some good has come from it.

I probably did know at one time but forgot. Given the age of the thread it's likely I simply don't remember the switch to not using the file. James just reminded me of one of the many things I have forgotten and every now and then that's a good thing. Early onset senility sucks. :p

Nonetheless, what kills me the most is when people have an issue like this thread discusses and rather than doing the smart thing and submitting the file for analysis and getting it dealt with people would rather talk about how their AV software constantly detects a virus. Whenever I run into a problem with a file being flagged when I am sure it shouldn't then I immediately contact my AV vendor and the situation is usually resolved in a matter of hours. No drama. No hysteria. Simple level-headed logic.

Ive got the same virus

Hows it goin conman interesting and somewhat relieved to know someone else also has the trojan horse virus in there update downloads.I only copped it once when i updated Anydvd. I downloaded this program from slysoft and paid for it . Maybe administrator could check it out cause surely we are not the only two.

If there was a real virus in the AnyDVD download: This board would light up like Las Vegas at night, the moderators would be running around with thier hair in flames, and whomever was in charge of QC would be explaining to Mr. Giancarlo why he should not be fitted for cement shoes.

In other words... this is a non event - and unique to your system

Assuming for a moment that it's not a false positive, you could have a virus that adds a trojan to anything you upload or download from anywhere.

-W

Back