• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Constant New Version Notification

FiftySeven

No problems here, just curious about the notification box that pops up every day for the latest version oF AnyDVD-even though I have already downloaded it. Is this just a kind of "failsafe", so i will always be reminded to check for them? I sometimes try to download it anyway just to be sure, but it says I already have it-(except when it really IS a new version.)

No problems here, just curious about the notification box that pops up every day for the latest version oF AnyDVD-even though I have already downloaded it. Is this just a kind of "failsafe", so i will always be reminded to check for them? I sometimes try to download it anyway just to be sure, but it says I already have it-(except when it really IS a new version.)

If a message is popping up that a new version exists, then, in fact, you don't have the latest version installed. Always
check version numbers.

i think what he is saying is this:
he has installed the latest version that is available,but he gets a pop up EVERY day saying there is a newer anydvd available.

i think what he is saying is this:
he has installed the latest version that is available,but he gets a pop up EVERY day saying there is a newer anydvd available.

Yeah, and what I'm saying is "are you sure you, in fact, have the latest version installed?"

Often people are downloading the exact same version again (that they installed previously) because their browser cache isn't cleared (or other reasons).

The way to clear confusion is to check version numbers of what you're using against what's actually listed on the site.

Yeah, and what I'm saying is "are you sure you, in fact, have the latest version installed?"

Often people are downloading the exact same version again (that they installed previously) because their browser cache isn't cleared (or other reasons).

The way to clear confusion is to check version numbers of what you're using against what's actually listed on the site.

The version notification box even says exactly what version is installed and what version is available, so it should be very easy to check.

right,ok.i agree that is very possible-and it does sound like that is the case with the explanation you've given.
in which case this might be helpful to him and others:
in internet explorer (under tools>options),i checked the box that ''checks for newer versions of stored pages every time i visit the webpage''.this refreshes the page every time you go forwards,backwards,click links etc..so that your current page is always up to date.
hopefully he will reply back on this and give us more details.

Last edited:
Back