• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Consistent errors ripping Blu-Ray to HDD but MakeMKV works fine!

adw_uk

Frank please delete this post, last 4 blu-rays have ripped fine so assume the first couple i tried were the issue.

couldnt find the delete option on edit.

Last edited:
more info...

Let's see the log ZIP file from AnyDVD please:

a) Ensure Anydvd is running.
b) Put that original disc in your optical drive/reader. Wait for Anydvd to scan the disc.
c) Right click the little red fox icon in the lower right system tray and select "Create Logfile"
e) Wait for Anydvd to create a log file, a pop-up screen will appear.
Take note of the location where Anydvd created the logfile and the logfile's name. Click "ok".
g) Go to your My Documents folder and there you will see a zip file called
"Anydvd_Info_<DVD TITLE>.zip" (or something similar)

Attach that ZIP file to your reply with the paper clip.

I have a new i7 PC with 16GB RAM and Win7 x64

I am planning to get a computer with the same setup, any tips on tweaking the system?

Is there an option in "msconfig" to run all the cores in the CPU (i7) at once?

"choosing my streams etc" means you don't copy the full disc with MakeMKV. Ripping means copying the full disc. If you only copy the undamaged parts of the disc with MakeMKV, then you won't get errors.

Simple test, exit out of AnyDVD then rip the discs to ISO using Imgburn, if they still fail then it sounds like you may have a failing drive as Blu-rays don't contain structural copy protections
What controller on the motherboard is the drive connected to?

Simple test, exit out of AnyDVD then rip the discs to ISO using Imgburn, if they still fail ...

It will, of course. AnyDVD never adds "read errors" just for fun.

Back