• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Consider a known issues sticky post

Status
Not open for further replies.

SystemIdleProcess

Have you considered having a Known Issues sticky post?

The search feature works okay on the forums but the way people abbreviate or use different terms for things can make it difficult to find if an issue has been reported already. I hate when I post a bug or an issue only to find out that I've wasted a mod or devs time reading it when they already know about it.

A simple list of general (application wide), provider and regional issues.
Links to the original report thread.
Links to posted work arounds.
If more logs and/or examples are needed.
Status of resolution if available. Don't need a lot of details, Acknowledged, more info needed, fix in next release, etc.
Then as issues are fixed strikethrough them with the version that resolved the issue.

I also know that some companies don't like to do this because they feel like it potentially reflects badly on their product and people won't want to purchase something that has issues. But I feel like if they read through the threads of issues being reported it would have the same potential affect. This way it shows that RedFox is organized and working hard to resolve reported problems in a professional manner.

And if this has already been suggested I apologize. My search skills must not be as good as others.

Yes, we have considered it. Threads like this always get extremely mixed up and taken off topic by at 70% of the people posting in them, everyone wants a different path, everyone that has an issue already posts a logfile, and the developers are diligently working on fixing these issues.
This way it shows that RedFox is organized and working hard to resolve reported problems in a professional manner.
Do you think Redfox is not working hard to resolve these issues? Because that would be wrong. I am going to move this into General Chat. I hope that's okay with you. Thanks for your idea, I will discuss it with the staff.

Yes, we have considered it. Threads like this always get extremely mixed up and taken off topic by at 70% of the people posting in them, everyone wants a different path, everyone that has an issue already posts a logfile, and the developers are diligently working on fixing these issues.

Do you think Redfox is not working hard to resolve these issues? Because that would be wrong. I am going to move this into General Chat. I hope that's okay with you. Thanks for your idea, I will discuss it with the staff.
Far from it. I know RedFox staff and volunteers works their asses off. But to a new comer might not get that impression. You are Super Mod you do what you feel is right for this post. I think it would be best to have the sticky post locked much like a release post. Have the link to the original post that people can upload logs/dumps to. I personally want a single point to look at to see if an issue I may be having is known and if more details are needed. I always try and help out with information when I can.

Far from it. I know RedFox staff and volunteers works their asses off. But to a new comer might not get that impression. You are Super Mod you do what you feel is right for this post. I think it would be best to have the sticky post locked much like a release post. Have the link to the original post that people can upload logs/dumps to. I personally want a single point to look at to see if an issue I may be having is known and if more details are needed. I always try and help out with information when I can.
The problem with sticky posts are, and it's funny because we just had this discussion, no one reads them, they join the forum and post, and if you try and link them to read the stickies, they get mad and think we are putting them on a back burner. Look at the number of stickies we have now, I wish someone would read them. LOL. Let see what kind of feedback this post gets, but believe me when I say it, a sticky for issues would go off-topic as fast as the ice melts in the heat. Posts would be intertwined and it would turn into a thread people would not answer. For instance, when we answer a question, and it turns out that it helped, 90% of people do not post back to tell us it is solved. They may in a few days but I am happy to get a detailed message of the issue and a log file. That's what the devs need. What I will do if needed is try and group threads with the same issue together. But of course, I have to get the Developers okay on that. Please do not think I do not appreciate your post. I do. I thank you. But let's take it one step at a time. Thanks again.

a sticky for issues would go off-topic
Simply lock it like the other stickys from Ch3vr0n for the feature requests, so the forum would go on as usual, only with a new summary site to look at if someone don't read every thread. Of course, this would be additional work for the mods, as they have to add every new thing there and consider if something should be added or not.

At the end it seems to be a good idea, but I'm not sure if it would be that useful to have to manage another sticky and keep it up to date. It might be easier to simply answer a new thread again with the same answer. But it is still interesting.

We will let the developers decide how they want it done, it’s all in one sub forum already now you want to squeeze it into one thread I do not think so..I’ll close this thread and let the developers reply. Deepspace is right no moderator is going to be here 24 hours a day . And certainly there are no moderators that can read those log files and decide whether it’s a known issue. I certainly can’t read the log files and neither can any one of the other moderators. Sure we can read the log.tx but actually knowing exactly what the problem is, only the the developers can do that,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back