• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Connection issues and crashes - Please read

If "not shutting down" GameJackal (Manager.exe sometimes still runs in multiple instances, although the last run pretended that GJ has been deactivated) causes so heavy problems, why does the installer not just check if GameJackal is still running and tells you (if it doesn't shutdown GJ itself...) to shut GameJackal down before an update:confused:

The "Installer" application is generally not meant to be run as a stand alone application, it is run as part of the full installation (which does check to ensure it is shut down).

The "Installer" application is generally not meant to be run as a stand alone application, it is run as part of the full installation (which does check to ensure it is shut down).

Now I'm a bit confused.... when I receive your "Sly Soft Update service" mails, I always download these files called "SetupGameJackal4025.exe" or similar.

This is what I called "installer". So these Update Executables do NOT check if GJ is currently running? At least that's what I understood from your message, what caused my problems with the update to 4.0.2.6?

That would mean that I always have to check with the task manager, if there's still a task of "Manager.exe" or "Server.exe" running (which oftenly happens although GJ said that the server was stopped after playing a game with GJ!). Is this really intended?

Or how should I proceed after having downloaded a new SetupGameJackalxxxx.exe?

My opinion would have been that I could just run that Setup-file, without having to check the task manager carefully for all possible GJ tasks.

So - final question - what do I have to do now after having gone the hard(!) way back to a running version 4.0.2.3., to have a running version 4.0.2.6 without any problems, and without the need of going back to 4.0.2.3?

Thanks in advance,
Michael

Ah, I believe I see now that there was misunderstanding from my side with what you meant with the "installer".... you meant the "installer.exe" from the "Server Update.zip", right?
I thought you meant the normal Setup.exe to update from version x to version y...

But to be honest, with my last attempt to update to 4.0.2.6 (before I managed to go back to 4.0.2.3 again), I was told during the update that some files were not able to be copied, and that I should re-install the application. After that I had these massive problems, so I assumed that even the normal setup.exe didn't correctly check if there were still any GJ tasks running? At least after these messages the problems began for me...

The same happened then for the uninstall, which also told me that some files couldn't be removed, and I could remove them manually. So even after having done the uninstallation with the "Uninstall" function of GJ, I saw that there was still a "Manager.exe" task running! This seems to show that neither the Setup.exe nor the "uninstall" function correctly check for running tasks of GJ, do they?

GJ 4.06[a]

Hi all had same problem,I had to do a registry clean with a free program called Comodo registry cleaner,this did the trick as i was able to instal GJ version 3.0 and this works ok.Will now wait for the next version and hope it updates ok.as a warning doing what i did i lost all my profiles bit of a pain,hope this helps,cheers Tarty.

This update will change the running server and manager to those located in the installation directory (i.e. under Program Files). This update will also clean any files no longer in use.

Ok, after fighting long with myself, I finally had the heart to try this latest ServerUpdate...

And YES, it worked! :clap::clap::clap:

Thanks for going so deep into this and finding the solution, although it would have surely been nicer not having had these problems at all :agree:

Cheers,
Michael

Update does not change server

I haven't been able to fix this problem with the server update file.
All directions followed, the Server Update.cmd fails to change the server to 4.0.2.6a. Diagnostic crashes in similar fashion.

Attachments

• Server.rar
    1.1 KB · Views: 1
I haven't been able to fix this problem with the server update file.
All directions followed, the Server Update.cmd fails to change the server to 4.0.2.6a. Diagnostic crashes in similar fashion.

Ok... in your GJ folder there should be a file called "Installer.gjlog", can you post here please.

I can't find the log file you mentioned in my GJ folder, or any of the subfolders. Here's a screenshot of what's in it. I have previously uninstalled and reinstalled GJ and then reapplied the server patch.

Thanks for your attention.

Attachments

• Game Jackal Folder Contents.jpg
    Game Jackal Folder Contents.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 3
I can't find the log file you mentioned in my GJ folder, or any of the subfolders. Here's a screenshot of what's in it. I have previously uninstalled and reinstalled GJ and then reapplied the server patch.

Thanks for your attention.

Ok... v4.0.2.7 is out. Please update to this version.

Had all of the above problems trying to get v4 to work - the server update didnt run, it said the files didnt copy properely, the diagnostic said unable to start server and that was that - after hours of trying and rebooting, uninstalling and installing Ive given up, cleaned up my pc and thankfully got an old v3 running again - never had a problem with game jackal until now, not gonna try and install v4(yes I was trying the most up to date version) again until I have a few spare hours and have regained some patience

Had all of the above problems trying to get v4 to work - the server update didnt run, it said the files didnt copy properely, the diagnostic said unable to start server and that was that - after hours of trying and rebooting, uninstalling and installing Ive given up, cleaned up my pc and thankfully got an old v3 running again - never had a problem with game jackal until now, not gonna try and install v4(yes I was trying the most up to date version) again until I have a few spare hours and have regained some patience

This is odd. I would be happy to move this to the ticketing system so we can get it sorted. If you are keen, PM me your name and email address etc.

The new version doesn't solve the problem :mad:

What problem are you referring to?

Back