• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Connecting a HD DVD player to PC.

yeah, maybe I should have clarified the Mbits V Mbytes, but thought people would have been able to work that out for themselves

USB 2 (480mb/s) is faster than SATA 1 (150mb/s) or SATA 2 (300mb/s)
The Hard drives are a lot slower than USB 2 will allow.

WRONG!!! USB2 is 480mb/s (that's megabits, not megabytes: 480mb/s~60MB/s). SATA I is 150MB/s (megabytes) and is way faster than USB2.

The XBOX 360 HD DVD drive is not fast enough where the USB's ~60MB/s slows it down. The drive is slower than the USB bandwidth, so it's ok to have USB HD DVD drives, we well as all optical media for now.

SATA I is 150MB/s (megabytes) and is way faster than USB2.

yup, which is why sata2 is quoted as 3Gb/s (bits) or 300MB/s (bytes), although they're not really the same thing but marketing departments like their decimal instead of base-2.....

yeah the conclusion is that hddvd is slower even than usb2 so plugging it in via sata is not going to make it faster.

Back