• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Confused!

K10Marie

Hey everyone...
So I just bought this brand new Apple MacBook Pro and I'm really looking for a way to load it up with some movies. I came across this program, and it seems great, but I am a little concerned. For one, if I were to copy a DVD when I rented it...would anyone be able to tell that I copied it since the program actually erases the proctection? Is there a way to restore everything the way it was? And another thing...if I actually purchase the program...is it trackable through the government. Someone help plz! :bowdown: Thanks!!

Sorry!

I'm sorry...I don't know ANYTHING about this program you guys...I was assuming that that was what the program was created for. Ok, so just talking about copying DVDS I already have....I just want to be able to transfer them from my DVD onto my MAc....is that possible with this program?

I'm sorry...I don't know ANYTHING about this program you guys...I was assuming that that was what the program was created for. Ok, so just talking about copying DVDS I already have....I just want to be able to transfer them from my DVD onto my MAc....is that possible with this program?
I would try MacTheRipper.

MacTheRipper is a Mac OS X application that enables users to extract DVD content for backup purposes. The current public release version is 2.6.6

Development releases of MTR3 (MacThe Ripper version 3) are only available through Donation during the Beta phase. MTR3 will be distributed freely pending development completion. (It should be noted, however, that MTR3 has been in Beta phase for over a year, leading some to speculate that the developer's intentions are to keep it in Beta phase indefinitely, as this allows him to collect fees without having to call his software shareware.) The current donation rate in order to get a copy of the software from the developer is US$40.00.

MacTheRipper was developed in 2002 and since then the program has over 2 million users.

You could use AnyDVD on Windows, but then you would basically have to copy the files onto a DVD, then rip them from there onto the Mac.

I was assuming that that was what the program was created for.

That kind of publicly posted attitude is what endangers programs like AnyDVD.

When you rent a DVD, you're not purchasing a copy of it, you're renting it for a limited duration. If you copy a disc that you rented, it's a clear and blatant violation of the law.

Therefore, what you're saying is the program is created explicitly for breaking the law. On that basis, the program would be illegal to use by anyone in most any civilized country.

However, when a person buys a DVD, it is theirs to do as they want with privately. View it, microwave it, copy it, etc. There is a valid reason to copy it... it gives the user a backup. Therefore, AnyDVD has a legally valid use. And that's the ONLY use that can be discussed publicly, especially on the company's own public forum.

Why some people don't understand these very fundamental ideas leads to some disturbing conclusions, which I won't go into here.

The MPAA will trace your MAC address and send a cleaning squad through your cable line....:policeman:

You can backup your own disc, but not pirate a rental.:doh:

To answer your question, you are fine.:clap:

DVD's are great, and it took me a while to warm up to them, but they scratch too easy.:D

longevity

And this may be perhaps why the longevity of the Media uses organic dyes that ultimately may fail on the shelf, Sony tho they outsource is not going to market a product that in the long term permits the theft of their media products. On another note The Perfect Vision magazine has an article on the use of a protein based light status changing Product that tho organic permits much higher data density.

On another note The Perfect Vision magazine has an article on the use of a protein based light status changing Product that tho organic permits much higher data density.

I have no idea what you said said right now, but I do keep my DVD's in the dark at room temperature. :disagree:

I know, I know... It was a technical comment to enlighten... :bowdown:

I'm a super-nerd at some subjects, but DVD tech isn't one of them...:confused:

Back