• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

<======= Confused

Mournbringer

I have read many of the posts on this forum and all it has done is to confuse me. I am getting ready to back up my DVD collection, i have purchased AnyDVD and CloneDVD2. What media is good to get. I don't really need to know the technical stuff (like what ever the hell Booktypeing is). I just need to know what is a good brand (Taiyo Yurden?), + or -, and does speed matter?

I just want to be able to start the clone and have everything come out happy.

I have a 16X sony DVD burner and will just be putting my movies in, and telling Clone DVD to clone the disk. To date the only website that i have used to purchase media is www.meritline.com.

If someone has a link to a good price for a good media i would appreciate it, or if someone could point me to the right direction on the merit line site i would be forever in debt to you.

Thank you all in advance

. What media is good to get.

CD-Rs = Maxell CD-R Pro (these are Taiyo Yudens with a protective coating), Verbatim Datalife Plus, Taiyo Yuden
DVD±Rs = Maxell Broadcast Quality Series 8x (not regular junk Maxells you find everywhere), Verbatim 8x & 16x, Taiyo Yuden (not Valueline) 8x
DVD+R DLs = Verbatim made in Singapore (not India), MAM-A 8x

I don't really need to know the technical stuff (like what ever the hell Booktypeing is).

click http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=476 and follow the steps (read step 3 fully)

I do recommend using dvd+rs (and changing the booktype to "dvd-rom"), if your burner supports bitsetting changes.

I just need to know what is a good brand (Taiyo Yurden?), + or -, and does speed matter?

Taiyio Yuden is very good. Avoid the valueline series. Taiyo Yuden 8x are a little more reliable than the 16x series, but they are both excellent.

ok so if i use http://www.meritline.com/taiyo-yuden-16x-white-thermal-hub-printable-dvd-r.html i shouldnt have to worry about the book type setting correct? The one DVD i backed up a few minutes ago plays perfect in both of my set tops, so im not worried about them not working. Does that me that i can just get the dvd-r's and be worry free?

Do want a thermal printable surface? If so, yeah, those should be fine.

If your backup is a dvd-r (and it played fine on your standalone), then you don't need to worry about dvd-rs.

Last edited:
Great! Thank you for the help. I am toying with the idea of the printable since my new printer can print right to the dvd.

Great! Thank you for the help. I am toying with the idea of the printable since my new printer can print right to the dvd.

What printer do you have? Regular white printable media is fine for an inkjet printer.

What printer do you have? Regular white printable media is fine for an inkjet printer.

And, in fact, inkjet printing will not adhere to the surface of thermal printable discs - you need to get discs that are inkjet printable.

And, in fact, inkjet printing will not adhere to the surface of thermal printable discs - you need to get discs that are inkjet printable.

Correct,that is why I ask what printer the OP intended to use. :)

I have the TEAC P-11. My HP all in one will print on the injets if i get them. Does anyone have good links for purchasing the Taiyo Yudens?

I have the TEAC P-11. My HP all in one will print on the injets if i get them. Does anyone have good links for purchasing the Taiyo Yudens?

If I lived in the U.S., I would probably get these (if I wanted Taiyo Yuden dvd-rs):
http://www.supermediastore.com/taiyo-yuden-white-inkjet-printable-8x-dvd-r-media-100.html

And I would get 8x (I have burned a lot of these at 12x without issue, but some burners will not burn these at 12x, and I don't necessarily recommend burning these at 12x either).

Back