• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Config help

bilbonvidia

Hi I am completely new to reclock, I see that you can use it in conjunction with display changer in order to automatically change the refresh rate of your screen to match the fps of the video playing. I am running a nvidia 9300IGPU and windows 7 but I am using mpc-hc to play my files which are mostly 24p and PDVD7 for blu ray. I have reclock and display changer installed and came across the below runevent.vbs on avsforums and would like to set this up. I am in the UK PAL region and my tv supports 50/60/24 Hz.

Code:
' -------------------------------------
' Event notification script for ReClock
'
' This script will be called when ReClock change the media adaptation of a played file
' either automatically or after some manual change made in the properties panel
' It is called only for media file which contain a video stream, and when frame rate of this file is known
'
' ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
' The 7 parameters received by this script are explained below:
'
' (1) contains the event name that just occurred:
'    - "GREEN"  : tray icon just got green (all is fine). Parameter
'    - "YELLOW" : tray icon just got yellow. We should make what is necessary
'                 to change the monitor refresh rate 
'    - "STOP"   : playback just stopped
'    - "QUIT"   : ReClock is about to quit
'
' Parameters (2), (3), (8) and (9) apply only with "GREEN" and "YELLOW" events. Otherwise they contain "-"
'
' (2) contains the type of media file currently played :
'    - "CINEMA" : frame rate of source file is around 24 fps
'    - "PAL"    : frame rate of source file is around 25 fps
'    - "NTSC"   : frame rate of source file is around 30 fps
'    - "CUSTOM" : frame rate of source file does not fall in previous categories
'
' (3) contains the current sound playback mode (apply only with GREEN/YELLOW event):
'    - "PCM"    : PCM mode
'    - "SPDIF"  : AC3 passthrough SPDIF
'
' (4) contains the current monitor selected for playback (1=primary, 2=secondary, etc...)
'
' (5) contains the total monitor count detected in the system
'
' (6) contains the current resolution of your monitor (WIDTHxHEIGHT)
'
' (7) contains the current refresh rate of your monitor (in Hz)
'
' (8) contains the original playback rate of the file (in fps multiplied by 1000)
'
' (9) contains the current playback rate of the file (in fps multiplied by 1000)
'
' (10) contains the filename of the current media file
'
' -----------------------------------------------------------------
' Display Changer Version - Sets refresh rate using Display changer

' Decode the parameters

Set objArgs = WScript.Arguments

If objArgs.Count < 10 Then

MsgBox "Bad argument count !",  MB_OK, "ReClock Event Notification"

' We have done nothing. Return 1 to indicate ReClock that the configuration has not changed.

WScript.Quit 1

End If

eventName = objArgs(0)
mediaType = objArgs(1)
soundMode = objArgs(2)
currentMonitor = objArgs(3)
totalMonitorCount = objArgs(4)
currentResolution = objArgs(5)
currentRefreshRate = objArgs(6)
originalPlaybackSpeed = objArgs(7)
currentPlaybackSpeed = objArgs(8)
currentMediaFile = objArgs(9)

' If you need to debug, replace false with true in the following line.

If false Then MsgBox _
    eventName & " " & _
    mediaType & " " & _
    soundMode & " " & _
    currentMonitor & " " & _
    totalMonitorCount & " " & _
    currentResolution & " " & _
    currentRefreshRate & " " & _
    originalPlaybackSpeed & " " & _
    currentPlaybackSpeed, _
    MB_OK, "ReClock Event Notification"

Set wshShell = CreateObject("WScript.Shell") 

' We will put new refresh rate here if necessary.

newRefreshRate = currentRefreshRate

' Obviously we have something to do only if the icon is yellow.

If eventName = "YELLOW" Then

If currentPlaybackSpeed <> originalPlaybackSpeed Then

Select Case mediaType 
            Case "CINEMA"
                newRefreshRate = "24"
            Case "PAL"
                newRefreshRate = "50"
            Case "NTSC"
                newRefreshRate = "60"
        End Select

End If

End If

' We quit the player, restore our favorite refresh rate.

If eventName = "QUIT" Then

newRefreshRate = "50"

End If

' Do we have new refresh rate to apply ?

If currentRefreshRate <> newRefreshRate Then

Set objShell = CreateObject("Shell.Application")
    Set objFolder = objShell.Namespace(&H26&) 
    Set objFolderItem = objFolder.Self

' Now run DisplayChanger command and wait for it to finish its job.

WshShell.Run """" & objFolderItem.Path  & _
                 "\12noon Display Changer\dc.exe"" -refresh=" & newRefreshRate & _
                 " -quiet", 0, true

' In case we did a configuration change we MUST return 0 to indicate ReClock it need to recalibrate itself.

WScript.Quit 0

End If

' We have done nothing. Return 1 to indicate ReClock that the configuration has not changed.

WScript.Quit 1

I have put this script in the reclock folder and under advanced options ticked ""Enable event notifications to VBS script when display mode is changing"

I have the latest NVIDIA drivers. Reclock loads up and goes green when playing an 24fps mkv but it does not change the refresh rate, it speeds up the fps of the video to 25. This is smoother and almost eliminates the judder but I want the refresh rate to be changed to match the fps. Is there something else that I need to do? Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi I am completely new to reclock, I see that you can use it in conjunction with display changer in order to automatically change the refresh rate of your screen to match the fps of the video playing. I am running a nvidia 9300IGPU and windows 7 but I am using mpc-hc to play my files which are mostly 24p and PDVD7 for blu ray. I have reclock and display changer installed and came across the below runevent.vbs on avsforums and would like to set this up. I am in the UK PAL region and my tv supports 50/60/24 Hz.

Code:
' Event notification script for ReClock
'
' This script will be called when ReClock change the media adaptation of a played file
' either automatically or after some manual change made in the properties panel
' It is called only for media file which contain a video stream, and when frame rate of this file is known
'
' ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
' The 7 parameters received by this script are explained below:
'
' (1) contains the event name that just occurred:
'    - "GREEN"  : tray icon just got green (all is fine). Parameter
'    - "YELLOW" : tray icon just got yellow. We should make what is necessary
'                 to change the monitor refresh rate 
'    - "STOP"   : playback just stopped
'    - "QUIT"   : ReClock is about to quit
'
' Parameters (2), (3), (8) and (9) apply only with "GREEN" and "YELLOW" events. Otherwise they contain "-"
'
' (2) contains the type of media file currently played :
'    - "CINEMA" : frame rate of source file is around 24 fps
'    - "PAL"    : frame rate of source file is around 25 fps
'    - "NTSC"   : frame rate of source file is around 30 fps
'    - "CUSTOM" : frame rate of source file does not fall in previous categories
'
' (3) contains the current sound playback mode (apply only with GREEN/YELLOW event):
'    - "PCM"    : PCM mode
'    - "SPDIF"  : AC3 passthrough SPDIF
'
' (4) contains the current monitor selected for playback (1=primary, 2=secondary, etc...)
'
' (5) contains the total monitor count detected in the system
'
' (6) contains the current resolution of your monitor (WIDTHxHEIGHT)
'
' (7) contains the current refresh rate of your monitor (in Hz)
'
' (8) contains the original playback rate of the file (in fps multiplied by 1000)
'
' (9) contains the current playback rate of the file (in fps multiplied by 1000)
'
' (10) contains the filename of the current media file
'
' Display Changer Version - Sets refresh rate using Display changer

' Decode the parameters

Set objArgs = WScript.Arguments

If objArgs.Count < 10 Then

MsgBox "Bad argument count !",  MB_OK, "ReClock Event Notification"

WScript.Quit 1

End If

eventName = objArgs(0)
mediaType = objArgs(1)
soundMode = objArgs(2)
currentMonitor = objArgs(3)
totalMonitorCount = objArgs(4)
currentResolution = objArgs(5)
currentRefreshRate = objArgs(6)
originalPlaybackSpeed = objArgs(7)
currentPlaybackSpeed = objArgs(8)
currentMediaFile = objArgs(9)

' If you need to debug, replace false with true in the following line.

If false Then MsgBox _
    eventName & " " & _
    mediaType & " " & _
    soundMode & " " & _
    currentMonitor & " " & _
    totalMonitorCount & " " & _
    currentResolution & " " & _
    currentRefreshRate & " " & _
    originalPlaybackSpeed & " " & _
    currentPlaybackSpeed, _
    MB_OK, "ReClock Event Notification"

Set wshShell = CreateObject("WScript.Shell") 

' We will put new refresh rate here if necessary.

newRefreshRate = currentRefreshRate

' Obviously we have something to do only if the icon is yellow.

If eventName = "YELLOW" Then

Select Case mediaType 
            Case "CINEMA"
                newRefreshRate = "24"
            Case "PAL"
                newRefreshRate = "50"
            Case "NTSC"
                newRefreshRate = "60"
        End Select

End If

End If

' We quit the player, restore our favorite refresh rate.

If eventName = "QUIT" Then

newRefreshRate = "50"

End If

' Do we have new refresh rate to apply ?

If currentRefreshRate <> newRefreshRate Then

Set objShell = CreateObject("Shell.Application")
    Set objFolder = objShell.Namespace(&H26&) 
    Set objFolderItem = objFolder.Self

' Now run DisplayChanger command and wait for it to finish its job.

WshShell.Run """" & objFolderItem.Path  & _
                 "\12noon Display Changer\dc.exe"" -refresh=" & newRefreshRate & _
                 " -quiet", 0, true

' In case we did a configuration change we MUST return 0 to indicate ReClock it need to recalibrate itself.

WScript.Quit 0

End If

WScript.Quit 1

I have put this script in the reclock folder and under advanced options ticked ""Enable event notifications to VBS script when display mode is changing"

I have the latest NVIDIA drivers. Reclock loads up and goes green when playing an 24fps mkv but it does not change the refresh rate, it speeds up the fps of the video to 25. This is smoother and almost eliminates the judder but I want the refresh rate to be changed to match the fps. Is there something else that I need to do? Thanks

1.) When not using PowerStrip, *always* return WScript.Quit 1

2.) If you don't want 24fps material to be speed to to 25 fps, reduce the "speed change of media..." setting in video settings. Set maximum speed up to 1%.

EDIT:
The default of 5% - which allows ReClock to speed up 24fps->25fps - isn't chosen wisely, I'll change that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay, I have done this but reclock stays yellow and says cannot synch this CINEMA video to your video hardware please set your monitor refresh near a multiple of 24. so looks like dc.exe is not changing the refresh rate. I must be missing something. The resolution and refresh rate does exist within the nvidia control panel.

If you're happy enough using mpc-hc, then grab one of the latest betas, as it now has built-in support for changing the refresh rate to match the content rate.

ReClock + Foobar + KS + W7 or Vista = How

I read a lot of posts that people seem to be able to use ReClock with Foobar...How is this done?

I have both a W7 machine and a Vista Machine....I have the ver 1.8.6.3 ReClock on both machines and KStreaming does not even show on the list of either PCM or Bitstream. Furthermore even when/if I select wasapi and add Foobar to the list of Applications under Advanced Settings, ReClock does not load.

Can someone please help with either [KS and Foobar] or [ReClock and Foobar]...Hopefully both [KS + Foobar + ReClock]

Thank You

If i change the refresh manually to 24 when I close the video the script is changing it back to 50. Any ideas why it would not change it to 24 in the 1st place?

I read a lot of posts that people seem to be able to use ReClock with Foobar...How is this done?

I have both a W7 machine and a Vista Machine....I have the ver 1.8.6.3 ReClock on both machines and KStreaming does not even show on the list of either PCM or Bitstream. Furthermore even when/if I select wasapi and add Foobar to the list of Applications under Advanced Settings, ReClock does not load.

Can someone please help with either [KS and Foobar] or [ReClock and Foobar]...Hopefully both [KS + Foobar + ReClock]

Thank You
Foobar does not use DirectShow so there is no way to use ReClock with it.

Kernel Streaming under Vista/7 is not supported by ReClock. Try WinXP compatibility mode in Win7, it seems it lets you select KS, but if that doesn't work just use WASAPI Exclusive.

Confused now. Got a message bad driver support change hardware access method so under the video settings , hardware interface i changed the option to direct 3d low and behold the script worked and refrsh rate changed!!! However, I tried changing the seting back to auto and it stopped working again as expected. BUT when I changed back to Dirsct3d it doesn't start working again, DOH! why would this be?:bang:

Kernel Streaming under Vista/7 is not supported by ReClock. Try WinXP compatibility mode in Win7, it seems it lets you select KS, but if that doesn't work just use WASAPI Exclusive.

Thank you.....Can you tell me what players "will work" with ReClock???

From what I understand ReClock ver 1.6 had KS, would this be exactly as what is offered now?

Kernel Streaming under Vista/7 is not supported by ReClock.

It is, with a registry setting:

1.8.5.8 - 10/01/2010
* New: Added "NoVista" registry value where ReClock can be forced to behave as it would under XP with Vista & Windows 7

running a D3D exclusive mode player? it only works if you select DirectDraw in Reclock.

I have tried again in both modes, it wont work. I got a fleeting glimpse of it working when I selected direct3d in reclock properties but changing it back it wont work again.

Is there some way I need to have mpc-hc set up?

Could it be my Nvidia drivers causing an issue?

Slight progress made. The script does work IF my refresh rates is set at 60Hz to begin with. It will automatically get changed. Now as I am in a PAL region I have it set to 50hz for tv etc. Now I am useless with vbs but I presume it has something to do with this?

Can someone please advise how to modify it to take into account that starting refresh rate is 50hz. :(

can some one else please test this script with a starting refresh of 50Hz and see if they get the same behaviour?

change

to

If currentRefreshRate <> originalPlaybackSpeed Then

now working, automatic refresh changer. Back of the net! Cashback!

Back