• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Computer resources taken by AnyDVD

Ealaia

Tried to search forum and Slysoft FAQ, but didn't find... Thanks in advance.
What resources are taken by AnyDVD (memory, processor%) when (i) not decrypting DVDs; (ii) when decrypting DVDs?
Thanks (again)...

PS. for processor%, I guess a relative figure is what I'm after.

i just checked with task manager on mine and it is using between 7,916-9,172K of memory,CPU=00.CPU momentarily goes to 02 when scanning disc.memory peaked at just over 11,000K when scanning.

Last edited:
i just checked with task manager on mine and it is using between 7,916-9,172K of memory,CPU=00.CPU momentarily goes to 02 when scanning disc.memory peaked at just over 11,000K when scanning.
Most of the memory is pageable, so if Windows needs it, it'll be swapped out.

Ok, may I ask the question another way - what's the performance impact on CPU and disk-acivity when (i) not decrypting DVDs (ie. normal disk-activity); (ii) when decrypting DVDs?

Ok, may I ask the question another way - what's the performance impact on CPU and disk-acivity when (i) not decrypting DVDs (ie. normal disk-activity); (ii) when decrypting DVDs?

You're looking at a lot of variables dependent on the CPU, RAM, software and hardware in a particular PC. The biggest usage would be with the burning software and the hardware while making the burn.

AnyDVD does not touch the burning side of things besides verifying. And even then it is just doing what it is suppose to do.

When not decrypting - about nothing.

Back