• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Computer help: IE 7 won't install

sneakers

When I try to install it the required updates just take forever to install I am talking hours. Is there anywhere I can download an offline installer? I have windows xp service pack 2 with IE 6.

Last edited:
If zebadee's site is still slow, do a Google search for IE7. Sometimes the off-site downloads are faster. I would also suggest making a Restore Point or a backup before installing IE7. It is known to cause problems.

Thanks but it's not an offline installer. you still have to install the required updates which takes forever.

IE7 isn't worth the trouble. If it isn't installing, count yourself lucky, lol. Try Firefox or Opera instead... even sticking with IE6 is better than IE7.

Hi :)
Nothing wrong with IE7. FF isn't all that if your using Vista. Opera latest beta has some interesting features. I have all three on my system (Vista Ultimate 32) IE7 is by far the quicker/most responsive followed by Opera. FF is no competition IMHO. :disagree: :D

Thanks but it's not an offline installer. you still have to install the required updates which takes forever.

No but it IS an off-site download and can generally be done much faster than downloading from MS.

Last edited:
Hi :)
Nothing wrong with IE7. FF isn't all that if your using Vista. Opera latest beta has some interesting features. I have all three on my system (Vista Ultimate 32) IE7 is by far the quicker/most responsive followed by Opera. FF is no competition IMHO. :disagree: :D

I wouldn't have any idea about IE7 with Vista. Neither have anything that I need. I have used IE7 with XP and found it to be severely lacking in performance as well as functionality for my personal tastes and needs.
But, to each his own. :D

Back